Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best Net?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Net?

I know this may seem like a dumb question, but I can't find a net that is long enough and that is sturdy enough. Not looking for a deep netted net. No pike fishing here. Just a good crappie net that is sturdy. Was told to jest take my broken net and attach to a pool cleaner handle. What say you?

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on your situation in what you want to spend. For me, I love the Ego S2 slider net. Unlike a normal extension net that extends one way (doubling the length), the Ego extends from the middle. The front slides forward while the back slides back. Smaller package to get the same results. They have one that is 48" that extends to 108"!

We land everything from walleye to salmon and steelhead in ours. Plenty sturdy. They are rubber and you can get them in several configurations from deep to shallow.
    EGO S2 Slider Products - Landing Nets
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I likey!!!

I wonder f thy can do the shallower net on the 108"? The price is up there, but may be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind I see the other options

Post Thanks / Like

Contact BRM on this forum. He sells a Crappie Masters net that is really long and becoming popular.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 12 foot Long Arm, (Lowes Harware) adjustable painters handle and Frabelle net, i remove the factory nylon netting and replace with a Ranger rubber pan shaped net. Works for me and will reach out and touch them.
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased a rubber net from Walmart then took a old frog jig pole and attached net to it. Works for what I do with it.
    Likes Bigslab11 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am sold on the rubber nets, no more crank baits snagged to high heaven, and just no ,more net snags in general. What ever you do I would get a net with rubber, you will be happier in the end.
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Post Thanks / Like

i`ve got a ego reach and a crappiemaster ,both have there place.spiderrigging with 14 ft poles with a partner the crappiemaster cant be beat,but if by yourself or fishing short poles i use the ego.BRM on her sells the crappiemaster net

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned the Ego for several years now. I like it....until the handle decides to quit sliding. I fish a lot and have used it a ton...but am on my second handle. The company sent me a new handle even though the warranty was way expired. It is now starting to hang up also. I also bought the short handle to use in my kayak...it eventually started sticking when trying to slide it also. So I will be following this post to see some ideas on a new net as I think the Ego handle is getting ready to bite the dust again.

Regards