PDA

View Full Version : Pure Fishing owner Jarden sold for $13 billion

SirBob
12-21-2015, 09:39 PM
Pure Fishing owner Jarden sold for $13 billion | Product News - Angling International (http://www.angling-international.com/pure-fishing-owner-sold-for-13-billion/)

Newell Rubermaid is the new owner.

doggone
12-21-2015, 10:51 PM
Almost everything nowdays is owned by investment bankers. Companies use to be people that had an interest in the thing they were pursuing and had a good idea and built it up.

It's inevitable I guess,things change.All these college graduates with business degrees got to do something.They didn't spend all that money to dig ditches.

But I'm rapidly becoming a curmudgeon and not fond of it.

deathb4disco
12-21-2015, 11:59 PM
I offered $12 billion, and they laughed in my face.

wannabe fisherman
12-22-2015, 06:11 AM
It's inevitable I guess,things change.All these college graduates with business degrees got to do something.They didn't spend all that money to dig ditches.

But I'm rapidly becoming a curmudgeon and not fond of it.

it's like fish in the ocean the bigger one eats the smaller one until there's only one big fish left. There are fewer and fewer companies every year, this co. is a subsidiary of that co. which is owned by another co. and so on until you find out that they are all owned by that big co. that you hate.

wicklundrh
12-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Let's hope they are fisherman. If not, it's kind of like a guy owning a mechanic shop that has never used a box end wrench.

Clint
12-22-2015, 09:53 AM
What it means for us is that the decisions made will be done for economic reasons - not for the betterment of the hobby.
The good part is that most prices will drop - the bad part is, that so will the quality of the merchandise.

skeetbum
12-22-2015, 07:31 PM
But.......
You will always have the guy who builds a better product out of his garage than anyone in large production. Ted Juracsik is the maker of Tibor reels and is known for being about the best fly reel for tarpon ever made. Small company by today's standards He makes a really super product and will let you spec it out and it can be personalized with you name engraved, not stamped, when you receive it.
But you're right, big fish eat little fish. Hopefully the product will survive.