Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How's Mark Twain lake now?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How's Mark Twain lake now?

Anyone fished Twain recently? Heading up to do some hunting next week and was thinking about fishing mornings.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard a fishing report for awhile, and what I have heard wasn't good. I'm not much use to you for advice this time of year, but if you go let us know how you did. Might drop in at a few bait shops and ask around.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a buddy at Twain last week. Bad report. Lots of little ones and never located anything with any size. Had minnows and jigs. But caught enough little ones to have fun. Most were right on the trees by the channel swings on light colored jigs and a few on minnows.
    The fish you release may be a kids fish of a lifetime!

Post Thanks / Like

It's been about a month since we were there (107 area), but you could catch all the little ones you wanted but only had 1 keeper.

Post Thanks / Like

Well shoot. Now it's going to rain for a few days and if I know anything about Twain that'll mess 'em up. Seems like everything messes with the fish on that lake. Water goes up or down a foot, they quit biting. Rains, they quit biting. Low pressure system, they quit biting. High pressure system, they quit biting. Makes me wish I lived closer to Truman.