Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where to go????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to go????

Usually go to Weiss lake every late February or early March...... Really enjoy Weiss lake and love the area, but I don't wanna long line....... Really like fishing docks and single pole fishing....... Any suggestions on a destination that would be suitable for single pole / dock fishing in mid March to mid April???? Would like to stay within a 8 hour drive or so from southwest Ohio.......need to be in that time frame also..... May, June, and July we spent a lot of time at Lake Erie, so I don't want to interfere with that...... Also cost is somewhat of a factor, due to the fact it'll be my 15 year old son and myself going ( no one to split cost with ) ........ Thanks for any suggestions and God bless

JGJ

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Lake St Mary's is on a come back, watch Russ Bailey's Brush pile fishing vid's and what he is doing with a jig and bobber on that lake. Close to you also James. When i lived there we caught them about the same way in the winter years ago. Slow retrieve with small stinger type jigs and small bobber in the coves 2-4 feet deep. Can be some great fishing.
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Post Thanks / Like

We fish jig - n - float just like him..... Def one of my favorite ways to fish...... Good call on GLSM....... Thanks!!!!!........ Still thinking a trip south is in order with JEEPY JR and myself

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

James ... you "might" consider Watts Bar Lake in E. Tenn. Plenty of docks to fish. But, seems like every year the fish are doing something different than the previous years, so success rates can vary widely. Tenn forum is not much help, as there are not many members posting about this lake. Chickamauga Lake is South of Watts Bar, and runs down to Chattanooga. Plenty of guys posting about it on Tenn forum, and many of them are very willing to help show members around or point them in the right direction.

OR, you might consider going to Weiss, anyway ... and shooting docks or casting the banks. No law says you HAVE to long line troll !! Depending on the weather & water level/conditions, that time frame (mid Mar - mid Apr) may be better for dock shooting/casting. Plenty of current info can be found on the Ala forum.

... cp
    Likes jeepguyjames, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    James ... you "might" consider Watts Bar Lake in E. Tenn. Plenty of docks to fish. But, seems like every year the fish are doing something different than the previous years, so success rates can vary widely. Tenn forum is not much help, as there are not many members posting about this lake. Chickamauga Lake is South of Watts Bar, and runs down to Chattanooga. Plenty of guys posting about it on Tenn forum, and many of them are very willing to help show members around or point them in the right direction.

OR, you might consider going to Weiss, anyway ... and shooting docks or casting the banks. No law says you HAVE to long line troll !! Depending on the weather & water level/conditions, that time frame (mid Mar - mid Apr) may be better for dock shooting/casting. Plenty of current info can be found on the Ala forum.

... cp
    Was looking at Watts bar on the web..... Defiantly didn't think about chickamauga, great advice...... My great grandma used to live off of the watts bar dam exit..... We drive past both of them on the way to Weiss...... Have always gone to Weiss to early in the year to fish the docks, was defiantly kicking around the idea of going a little later and trying to time them on the docks..... Only problem with Weiss has been the crowds past few trips..... Thanks for the ideas

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville can be clean off the charts at times also but also has crowd issues. Middle Tennessee has lots to offer too. My old stompin grounds always made me smile.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes jeepguyjames LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Guntersville can be clean off the charts at times also but also has crowd issues. Middle Tennessee has lots to offer too. My old stompin grounds always made me smile.
    G-VILLE is on my will visit list for sure .......