PDA

View Full Version : kodiak injector

abarkley
01-08-2005, 12:46 AM
anybody ever used the kodiak scent injector? i just ordered one from cabelas and was wondering how well they worked. i fish jigs about 90 % of the time and was thinking this would help out a little when the bite gets slow. i've read that some of the pros use them, but i dont personally know anyone that has used them when fishing.

Kokanee King
01-08-2005, 12:51 AM
Yeah a friend of mine uses one, and he seems to love it. this is kind of weird but I have also found that if you put some sent in your tube then break a bit of an alkaselzer(spelling, You know "plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is")and stuf that in the end of the tube as well. then when it is placed in the water it gives of bubbles that cary the sent into the water. This also can work great on bass.

duane
01-08-2005, 01:27 AM
anybody ever used the kodiak scent injector? i just ordered one from cabelas and was wondering how well they worked. i fish jigs about 90 % of the time and was thinking this would help out a little when the bite gets slow. i've read that some of the pros use them, but i dont personally know anyone that has used them when fishing.

Yes I use it and really like it. We have several others on here that also like it. The only rpoblem I find is you must order it, Cabelas, crappieUSA or direct from the company. They have several good products and I use a few of them.

abarkley
01-08-2005, 06:50 AM
Yes I use it and really like it. We have several others on here that also like it. The only rpoblem I find is you must order it, Cabelas, crappieUSA or direct from the company. They have several good products and I use a few of them.

how do you order it straight from the company. do they have a website or do you have to call. if so can you give me the phone #.

thanks

duane
01-08-2005, 08:48 AM
how do you order it straight from the company. do they have a website or do you have to call. if so can you give me the phone #.

thanks

http://www.kastaway.com/

TAE73
01-08-2005, 09:21 AM
This stuff is the best, better than nibbles in my book. Even if you dont use it in jigs still use it. Just rub the stuff on the outside of whatever u are throwning. I use sliders alot, just rub it on it. It will stay on very well I can catch at least one fish if not 2 before having to rebait it. Well I would tell ya to order from cableas, because it was on sale. But I just checked it out and its not now 5.99 was 2.49. I am glad that I stock up a bunch when i did.

duane
01-08-2005, 09:24 AM
This stuff is the best, better than nibbles in my book. Even if you dont use it in jigs still use it. Just rub the stuff on the outside of whatever u are throwning. I use sliders alot, just rub it on it. It will stay on very well I can catch at least one fish if not 2 before having to rebait it. Well I would tell ya to order from cableas, because it was on sale. But I just checked it out and its not now 5.99 was 2.49. I am glad that I stock up a bunch when i did.

Wished I had seen it for that price, I would have stocked up myself.

Don G
01-08-2005, 09:48 AM

Do you use the minnow scent?

duane
01-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Do you use the minnow scent?

I have used the minnow. My last order I made I got minnow and shad, I also order the bait cubes and the paste but have not tried them yet.

chaunc
01-08-2005, 10:19 AM
I use the bait cubes all the time when i fish from shore or icefishing. They really bring in the fish, mostly bluegills, but lots of em. As for the injectors, i use waxworm most of the time. It seems to work best when the water is colder than 50 degrees. When the water is warmer, crappie nibbles will outfish anything else i use. Has anybody else noticed these diffrences? Test them like i did and post your results.

TAE73
01-08-2005, 11:09 AM
I have bought the minnow and shad, but only used the minnow. Which right now I should be using the shad because they are really eating a bunch of shad. From what we have seen we have cleaned the fish. If I had know the price went back up, I would have check the store yesterday when I was in Kansas City and bought more.

CrappieOutlaw
01-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Only problem I have had with the stuff is when it gets warm it's more runny than what it is a room temp. If you push too hard on the injector you'll have a mess. Sorry, still better than nibbles.

Moose1am
01-09-2005, 12:41 PM
How does it stay on the plastic jigs when it gets liquified with warmer weather?

Only problem I have had with the stuff is when it gets warm it's more runny than what it is a room temp. If you push too hard on the injector you'll have a mess. Sorry, still better than nibbles.

CrappieOutlaw
01-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Still stays in the tube jigs really well, just takes less effort to inject the jig. It will still stick to the other plastic baits when it is warm, it really never takes a true liquid form. The opposite is true when its really cold, some mornings it hard to get out of the injector.

Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon
01-10-2005, 01:15 PM
It is real similar to vaseline Moose. A little goes a long way. You guys gotta try their soaking scent too. It really makes your baits supple, which gives you more action in the water. It also leaves a scented oil slick behind your offering too. Good stuff Maynard!!

<,"}/>{ Rippa