Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kodiak injector

Post Thanks / Like

Default kodiak injector

anybody ever used the kodiak scent injector? i just ordered one from cabelas and was wondering how well they worked. i fish jigs about 90 % of the time and was thinking this would help out a little when the bite gets slow. i've read that some of the pros use them, but i dont personally know anyone that has used them when fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah a friend of mine uses one, and he seems to love it. this is kind of weird but I have also found that if you put some sent in your tube then break a bit of an alkaselzer(spelling, You know "plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is")and stuf that in the end of the tube as well. then when it is placed in the water it gives of bubbles that cary the sent into the water. This also can work great on bass.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abarkley
    anybody ever used the kodiak scent injector? i just ordered one from cabelas and was wondering how well they worked. i fish jigs about 90 % of the time and was thinking this would help out a little when the bite gets slow. i've read that some of the pros use them, but i dont personally know anyone that has used them when fishing.
    Yes I use it and really like it. We have several others on here that also like it. The only rpoblem I find is you must order it, Cabelas, crappieUSA or direct from the company. They have several good products and I use a few of them.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Default injector

Quote Originally Posted by duane
    Yes I use it and really like it. We have several others on here that also like it. The only rpoblem I find is you must order it, Cabelas, crappieUSA or direct from the company. They have several good products and I use a few of them.

how do you order it straight from the company. do they have a website or do you have to call. if so can you give me the phone #.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abarkley
    how do you order it straight from the company. do they have a website or do you have to call. if so can you give me the phone #.

thanks

http://www.kastaway.com/
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

This stuff is the best, better than nibbles in my book. Even if you dont use it in jigs still use it. Just rub the stuff on the outside of whatever u are throwning. I use sliders alot, just rub it on it. It will stay on very well I can catch at least one fish if not 2 before having to rebait it. Well I would tell ya to order from cableas, because it was on sale. But I just checked it out and its not now 5.99 was 2.49. I am glad that I stock up a bunch when i did.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    This stuff is the best, better than nibbles in my book. Even if you dont use it in jigs still use it. Just rub the stuff on the outside of whatever u are throwning. I use sliders alot, just rub it on it. It will stay on very well I can catch at least one fish if not 2 before having to rebait it. Well I would tell ya to order from cableas, because it was on sale. But I just checked it out and its not now 5.99 was 2.49. I am glad that I stock up a bunch when i did.

Wished I had seen it for that price, I would have stocked up myself.
    Duane

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Do you use the minnow scent?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    Do you use the minnow scent?
    I have used the minnow. My last order I made I got minnow and shad, I also order the bait cubes and the paste but have not tried them yet.
    Duane

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the bait cubes all the time when i fish from shore or icefishing. They really bring in the fish, mostly bluegills, but lots of em. As for the injectors, i use waxworm most of the time. It seems to work best when the water is colder than 50 degrees. When the water is warmer, crappie nibbles will outfish anything else i use. Has anybody else noticed these diffrences? Test them like i did and post your results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast