Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to board with some crappie questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default new to board with some crappie questions

first of all HEY EVERYBODY!!!! i live in southeast MO and crappie fish a few spring fed large ponds around my area... i am going to table rock lake feb 12 13 14th and i was wondering since i am new to big lake fishing.... where do you look for crappie this time of year... Never really fished for late winter crappie much... so if you all would share your best techniques you could make this polock very happy.. going to be fishing out of a boat with depth finder(crappy eagle) if that helps any.. i don't care if i use live or artificial as long as i get my belly full of crappie atleast one night
    highlife... the krystal of all beers

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to crappie.com...come over to the Missouri board we have some guy's there that fish Table Rock and would be able to give you some specifics on where to fish in feb.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

i already like this place... a forum that you can get a reply to before 6.a.m. makes working nights a lot better :D
    highlife... the krystal of all beers

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Polack, what area are you in and where do you fish most of the time?

Post Thanks / Like

You'll see me early every morning..cant sleep very well,i'm usually up by 4am glad you'll be around it will give me someone else to BS with.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Potluck:
    You can depend on the guys here to let you in on all their little secrets on everything from how to keep the Crappie Population under control to how to keep your wife under control while you work on the Crappie problem. Most will volunteer to help you with both.
    You can spend a little time reading past topics and get a lot of your questions answered, but if you have a question about what bait to use you will get as many answers as they are baits. First of all go to the bank and tell the loan officer you need a tackle box for crappie tackle. Then return here for advise on how to spend the money. We will each and every one give you our idea of how we would spend it. An by golly you will catch a boat load of crappie along the way.
    Then we will even tell you how to fry, bake, broil, and even sushi them. And if we can get a good address to your house we will help you eat them while we give you more advice on how to keep the wife cooking them while you catch um.
    All kidding aside welcome to the board and we will try to get you up and running.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Polock! If you will just start reading some of the past posts, you will find so many things very fast. Feel free to ask a specific question about anything. There are many good hearted people that frequent this board, and most of them know HOW to catch Crappie. You have come to the right place. Also, check out the Archives for Jerry Blakes article on how to read a graph. It can help you when you hit the deeper water.
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 01-22-2007 at 07:52 AM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Attachment 8524 From Toledo Bend Texas!

I live on a very big lake (over 1200 miles of shoreline) and crappie are deep in the river at the famous "chicken coop", but also can be found in major creeks that have water. I think someone posted the other day they caught some in like 20'-25' deep and I am pretty sure it was on the edge of a creek. Soon they will go shallow to spawn and I will be able to catch them in 3' or less. They will be around the grass in shallow water (3'-12') until early June and I will not need to fish deeper than that until after that. Next month-April I expect to fish 3'-6' long line trolling 1/32oz. and 1/16 oz. Jigs around and through the grass. Probably in May I will concentrate on water around grass the is 6' to 13' or so and use just the 1/16 oz. jigs. At least that is what I have done in the past.

Also on this site there are many articles of different methods so take a look at ....
    http://www.crappie.com/tips.html

If I can help you with some jigs please take a look at my web site when you get a chance. I also have some Ho To INFO on my site that may help....
    http://thumpitjigs.com/HowTo.html

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 12-17-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Aboard!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from California

Gonefission