Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welding Schools

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welding Schools

My son is wanting to attend welding school, but some don't except grants or student loans, any suggestions or info.? Thanks pb crappie

Post Thanks / Like

we have them in our community colleges im Mississippi. They take pell grants and student loans just like for anything else

Post Thanks / Like

Jr. College or Community Colleges.............. I don't care what you call em, it's the BEST place for someone to go and learn a trade, and also if they are not sure what they want to do. Cost less that big colleges and the teachers are better, because the classes are smaller and they don't have their noses stuck up in the air.

Been to two different Jr. Colleges (Hinds & Copiah Lincoln) and one big one (USM) learned more what I need to use to live with at the Jr. Colleges, and never regretted going to em............ can't say the same for USM.

Don't get me wrong I liked USM, but I didn't learn nothing from there but book leanring............. in my opion nothing is better then "Hands-On" learning and that's what you get at the Jr./Community Colleges.

john
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd highly recommend a two-year program at a community college. They teach them some mechanics, drafting and a few other things that will make him more employable. We hire welders at work, and the best ones are the ones who can figure things out on their own and know enough to tell us when we are asking them to do something silly. Slight delay in getting to work, but the money will be better his whole life.

Post Thanks / Like

Northwest Community College in Senatobia has a good one, and they accept pell grants a few of my freinds have gone there and thats how they paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

PB you could also check with the Job Corp over at Mingo and see if they still have that program. That is a good place to learn. Lot better than it used to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Default school

my brother-in-law has been in the process of looking for a welding school too, check out Tulsa welding school, supposed to be one of the better welding schools, but is not cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks....

Post Thanks / Like

My cousin went to Lynn Tech. He is probably one of the best welders in our area. I dont know about grants or scholarships though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast