Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling Baits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Baits

Curious if you guys fish flat tail baits when you troll or thoughts on if it matters...I highly prefer a flat tail 1.5-2" bait for jigging, but can't imagine that you get much action from it while trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

When trolling I prefer to use em. My thinking is to hit on every sense they have I can. I use Roadrunners for the vibration and flash of the blade, And then add either curl tails(Bobby Garland Stroll'R, Southern Pro Hot Grub, BPS Cajun Critter) or Sliders or Strike King Slabiliscous to get more thump on their lateral line. Does it matter?? But seems to work for me pretty good. I also add some Bobby Garland Slab Jam just cause. Thats my thinking and could be way off base.

Post Thanks / Like

I've actually had tremendous success with straight tails.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I've use all kinds of baits trolling some days one works better than the other. Just try it and see.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried trolling straight tails yesterday and they started biting better than the twister tails I normally use. Smaller fish liked them but I enjoyed the action.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's about the same on body style as it is with color. Sometimes they want popsicle and sometimes John deere. Sometimes curly tails and sometimes paddle tails. I've done well trolling Jiffy Jigs sometimes.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

i always start trolling aggressive lures, like tiny traps or weewarts. if they are on the feed, they can hear/feel them farther away, and hopefully react. lol im a twister tail man when it comes to jigs.