Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tru Turn hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tru Turn hooks

I would like to get opinions on Tru Turn hooks. Saw some on my partners rig and they were much sharper than the Eagle Claws I have been using. Since they cost a good bit more than the Eagle Claws I would like to hear your opinions, if you have tried them. Also, does the sizing run close to Eagle Claws?

Thanks

Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big fan of TT hooks and they are the ONLY ones I use for live bait rigging. I can't compare them to Eagle Claws as I only use the TT. I like the cam action and light wire --and yes they are sharp.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

tt are what I use if using straight minnow .

Post Thanks / Like

They do work....I don't always buy them...I first started using them on texas rigged plastic worms for bass a long time ago. When I get in the tackle isle I sometimes am in a tight wad mood and others I say what the heck. Buy a small package of each and test them yourself for a year and see what you think,and report back can't ever have enough real world field reports. I am not sure I ever checked them for size comparison.

I have added these little bead attractors in glow green and I am convinced I catch more fish with them when fishing a long shank crappie hook and minnow...not sure who else may sell them...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...3141836&rid=20

Post Thanks / Like

like them!! even the snelled ones

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Tru-Turn hooks for many years and changed to the Aberdeen sickle hooks a few years ago. I find I hook more fish in the top of the mouth with the sickle hooks.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

Tru turns are nice and I use them regularly for minnows. I agree with hooking more fish in the upper part of the mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

If memory serves me, I had them send us over a huge sample package for one of our spring outings. They have sample packs with two or three hooks in it. Might be worth shooting them a call. Heck, they might be willing to donate some for your next spring/summer/fall outing?
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I use with minnows, #4. I don't know how they work, but almost always have fish hooked in the front of the mouth, easy release when needed!!!