PDA

View Full Version : Any of you guys use Standout hooks

SEMOmike
01-21-2007, 08:32 PM
when slow trolling. I saw on their website the standout hook and the roadrunner head w/ minnow combination? How does it work?

Crappisaurusrex
01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
I use the plain hooks 2 or 3 on the line. 1/2 oz bell sinker on the end using minnows. caugth fish on them yesterday.:D

hpcrappieman
01-21-2007, 08:43 PM
haven't yet, but gonna give it try... not on road runner tho' just regular standout hook doin' a little tightlinin'..it seems like it would really work and put your bait just right..alot of bassin' guys use it on their drop shot rigs..

ncnat
01-22-2007, 07:10 AM
I have used them trolling and night fishing. They are not the answer to all, but they certainly work. I have used the plain hook with a minnow and also slid a tube up the hook and pinched it.

skiptomylu
01-22-2007, 09:27 AM
I just use a drop shot hook or a circle hook when tight lining in the summer at night. Trolling I just use jigs that I make.

On Roadrunners, I used them back in the 70's with good success however I have pretty much stopped using them since they come untied so much. I do have some heads that I tie for my own use and still use them. However they are just the regular hooks and for trolling and casting if I do any of that.

Crappie Chaser
01-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Yes, I always use these when slow trolling mostly with minnows and they work great. These hooks don't hang up on the line as easily as without them. Excellent for tightlining too.

Slipcork
01-22-2007, 09:13 PM
I use a Road Runner head and minnow. Casting, trolling, under a float. Sometime catch better crappie that way.

hunt4crappie
01-22-2007, 09:50 PM
when slow trolling. I saw on their website the standout hook and the roadrunner head w/ minnow combination? How does it work?

Can you post the link to that website?

SEMOmike
01-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Here is what they called, "stacking" on their website

http://www.standouthooks.com/about/tips.html