Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual Console Alum Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dual Console Alum Boats

Trying to decide on which dual console semi-v aluminum boat. All I have found are available only in a 18 ft (195) size and believe Lowe, Ranger and Crestliner make one. For those of you who have one of these, or another brand with a dual console, please share a couple pics and what you like and don't like about it. I figure if I can keep my wife from eating bugs she might go fishing with me a little more. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Aint got nuttin except that the new Tracker 195tx has dual console option too.

Post Thanks / Like

If your going to buy new they will build you about anything you want I think. I would get it customized just like I want it. Take some quotes from a couple of dealers on a custom rig delivered.

One thing you may want to consider....if you fish a lot of big water in rough weather....you may just want to get a used bass boat. The aluminum boats are better than ever,but the reverse chine design of bass boats generally results in a dryer ride.The fiberglass in general rides smoother,and a good used 18 or 19 ft Ranger,Skeeter or other good well cared for bass boat will usually be well equipped with a ton of accessories,have excellent trailers and livewells,etc. You can tie up 15 to 20 thousand in a custom aluminum, and if you shop may find a good used bass boat for about the same money. If your in a Ranger R83 and you get caught on the water in a big storm it is a comforting feeling to know whatever happens it will float upright and level. You can also stay until dark 5 miles from the ramp,and when you get ready to get home your wife can tuck in behind that console and you can put that thing up on the pad and glide on in minutes.

Just a thought

It's just a thought for consideration.
    Likes blue-jig, fishn_a_ledge, Redge, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the fact tracker is making the dual console option but surprised they still don't have it with the side by side seat options up front. Maybe it wouldn't take much to add. I want to fish the big rivers is why I was looking for an aluminum boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Lowe stinger ST 195 and love it. Had 2 Bass tracker 175 before and they where good boat but had the single console . The Lowe boats has no wood in them all aluminum. Would buy another Lowe if needed a new boat Love the side by side fishing up front. The Lowe 195 also have 2 live wells 1 being up front.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marine4life View Post
    I like the fact tracker is making the dual console option but surprised they still don't have it with the side by side seat options up front. Maybe it wouldn't take much to add. I want to fish the big rivers is why I was looking for an aluminum boat.
    I understand...I would not rule out a v-bow with nice windshield if you can get enough room upfront and figure out the seat mounts. I have had my bassboat in the Mississippi,the Ohio,the Tennessee and the Cumberland. BUT I usually take an old beater jon boat. You have to study the river so well and be so careful with a nice boat. Getting out of the channel means anything can happen. You can rip the lower unit right off one. or run a ground so easy. Jets are nice but they do have their problems.

I see a lot of the big gigging boats for sale on the side of the road here in the Ozarks.Would'nt take much to modify one of those to two seats up front and add a second console if a guy was so inclined.Have jets on a lot of them to. Lets you run right over a lot of stuff...but they can be trouble too if you run up on some sand and muck,sure is nice to have to worry about every obstruction in the river though. There are some custom build shops that will modify one with aluminum parts if you want.Or you can get a nice river jon and do the redneck plywood/plexiglas job on it...really nothing wrong with that either.

The rivers can be treacherous.... got to be careful

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Both the Tracker 195 and 190 are now avalible with dual console options.

Post Thanks / Like

Might want to check SeaArk. I have a 240 which is a lot of boat but it is nice not to be cramped. I fish the Miss. and lakes for catfish and also go to Sardis and fish crappie. I works great for both. It has a wrap around windshield and my wife really likes that as do my fishing partners when you hit a wave that comes in because you stay dry. It is also great when you are running because it really blocks the wind.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

BIGBADDAD has an 18' Alumacraft dual console rig for sale. 15- E Tec, Terrova, 2 locators. PM him or PM me for his contact info. I don't think he listed it for sale here.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast