Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cover

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cover

Hello,

I have a question about how much cover you should drop in one particular area....I know Darryl and Jerry have real good success with good size mats/bucket type condos in spot...But, what about a bunch of small mats/bucket type condos in one spot...Has anyone tried this before?....I am going to be dropping some more boo soon in some area lakes...Just debating on if I should drop good size mats/buckets in one spot?....Or several small mats/buckets in one area?...Anyone have any thoughts on this?...

jeremy
    thanks
    bye

Post Thanks / Like

im gonna get into this boo droping pretty soon myself. im new at it myself but my plan is to pick 3 good spots and drop 1 big bucket at each one and give it some time and see what happens, i can allways add more. As far as the small buckets i havent thought about this would it be for spawning times or are you looking for something more year around? maybe try both and see what the results are. id love to know myself

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I probably will do both....In one spot drop a big boo bucket or mat....In another spot drop several bucket or mat....I think that having several in one area....That you will have fish in that area moving from cover to cover...Because fish use the cover to know where they are at and how to get back where they came from....Also, if you spook some fish on one spot you have a few other spots to hit....Just my own opinion...I could be wrong on all this...I am working on dropping enough cover in different depths to be able to fish for crappie pretty much through out the year...

Jerry has great succes with big mats/buckets in one spot...So, I know the big mats/buckets work..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

As far as spawn...I have heard that five gallon buckets with peabody gravel in it is a great cover for spawning....Drop 10-15 in an area where you think crappie might spawn at..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye