Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member saying HELLO!

Riverfisher Guest

Default New member saying HELLO!

Hi everyone,
    I've been reading your post for a few weeks now and decided to join in.I am not a seasoned Crappie fisherman but have had enough of a taste to be hooked.I find all of your post very interesting.The trolling.dock shooting,drop shoting.I have never heard of any of these methods before.I am going to try some of them.But this weekend I believe the Crappie where my 12 year old and I fish will be moving to more shallow water.(8ft or so).We fish in the Black Warrior river.We love to Bream fish,Crappie,and Jug fish,so we stay in the river most of the time, plus we can be in the water fishing 30min from home.We have a 14 ft aluminum jon boat with an old 25 Evinrude,but we have added a trolling motor and a eagle cuda 168 fish finder and i am very eager to learn more about Crappie fishing.So I hope I want bore some of you to death with some of the questions I will come up with.Thanks for Listening
    Riverfisher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riverfisher
    Hi everyone,
    I've been reading your post for a few weeks now and decided to join in.I am not a seasoned Crappie fisherman but have had enough of a taste to be hooked.I find all of your post very interesting.The trolling.dock shooting,drop shoting.I have never heard of any of these methods before.I am going to try some of them.But this weekend I believe the Crappie where my 12 year old and I fish will be moving to more shallow water.(8ft or so).We fish in the Black Warrior river.We love to Bream fish,Crappie,and Jug fish,so we stay in the river most of the time, plus we can be in the water fishing 30min from home.We have a 14 ft aluminum jon boat with an old 25 Evinrude,but we have added a trolling motor and a eagle cuda 168 fish finder and i am very eager to learn more about Crappie fishing.So I hope I want bore some of you to death with some of the questions I will come up with.Thanks for Listening
    Riverfisher
    Hello, Riverfisher......the only boring question is the one you don't ask. Don't be shy on this board, we all ask questions and even answer them if we know the answer. Welcome to crappie.com......

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

don't expect to load the boat starting with these new tactics. just like anything it takes practice. I am learning how to troll myself. I started in june. just tinker with your methods. just because it works for some other fisherman doesn't mean you can do the same thing. The shooting works for me because the lake I fish has more docks than water.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard....listen to what is posted here and accept what works for you on your lake(s). Don't hesitate to ask ...the only stupid qusetion is one that is not asked.

Glad to have you hope we see ya again soon.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Riverfisher Guest

Thanks for the advice guys!Will let you know how the trip to the river turns out this Sunday.And thanks for the welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard the ship!
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Just like smitty says it will take time. PLay around till you find what works for you and the fish. make somthing up experiment take two methods put them together. just have fun and welcome. I myself am relitevly new. And i can not spell.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE= And i can not spell.[/QUOTE]

The crappie don't care. I don't think they spell very well themselves

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you are right. And you might be because the crappie and I do get along quite well.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Post New member saying HELLO

Welcome to the board of Crappie fishin nuts or Crappie crazy fishin as it gets in your blood!
    Good luck fishin on sunday!
    Kermit
    HAPPY FISHIN Y'ALL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast