Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First time posting

Fishstick Guest

Smile First time posting

Hello new to crappie fishing other than spring time,I'm trying to get the hang of vertical trolling I've had some success and loven every minute of it.I have a question I live in Ga by the way about 3 weeks ago I was catching crappie at 25 to 30 ft right on the bottom the surface temp was 50 degrees since than we've had at least a week of 70 degree days will the crappie still be there or will they of moved?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Fishstick and welcome to the greatest board on the web.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Post First time posting

Welcome. from western pa & enjoy the board & crappie fishing all
    year long!
    HAPPY FISHIN Y'ALL

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard the board Fishstick!

I'd be looking for those fish to move shallower in or near the mouths of spawning coves.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the group.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default i think

Quote Originally Posted by Fishstick
    Hello new to crappie fishing other than spring time,I'm trying to get the hang of vertical trolling I've had some success and loven every minute of it.I have a question I live in Ga by the way about 3 weeks ago I was catching crappie at 25 to 30 ft right on the bottom the surface temp was 50 degrees since than we've had at least a week of 70 degree days will the crappie still be there or will they of moved?

look for some of the fish to still be there. if you have good cover in that 25-30 ft of water, fish it over real well before you start looking elsewhere. some of the fish will move, but if there are baitfish in the area, you'll still have a lot of fish there. there is a good possiblity that the fish will move up and down your structure there with the changes in the temperatures. you may want to vary the depths of your baits in order to thoroughly search over the area. stick with the vertical trolling and that deep pattern. to me it's the most lethal of all crappie tactics, and your fish wont be affected nearly as much by the changing spring weather patterns. good luck and let me know if i can help you. what lake do you fish?

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like they have gotten shallow in other places according to what I have read on the board - and welcome to the board
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome, Fishstick...you wouldn't know my old buddy
    the GaStick, would you??

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

hi fishstick welcom abord. i am in ga. also . i fish lake blacksher and the ocmulgee . plann on going tomorrow to the ocmulgee. papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

fishstick check out the chat later might goi your ear full http://www.crappie.com/blab/index.php?name=0 there are some nice lier.....oops???????????? i mean fishermen on there . papasage
    retired and now i will always fish