Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Shelbyville level report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Shelbyville level report

As m0st of you know the lake is up. I took a trip around the lake to see if ramps were accessible. Here are ramp reports for Northern part of he lake
    Wilburn Creek - closed water up in parking lot and still rising
    Wolf Creek - High water ramp open. The courtesy dock you will hae to wade thru water to get to it.
    Eagle Creek - High water ramp open
    Whitley Creek - closed road blocked at the campground
    Bo Woods - ramps closed. There is house boat across the high water ramp and the normal ramp is closed.

With weather improving for the weekend don't want to spend all the time trying to find access. I did not check any of the other ramps.

Have a great weekend
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

whiplash Guest

Thumbs up boat ramps

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger375
    As m0st of you know the lake is up. I took a trip around the lake to see if ramps were accessible. Here are ramp reports for Northern part of he lake
    Wilburn Creek - closed water up in parking lot and still rising
    Wolf Creek - High water ramp open. The courtesy dock you will hae to wade thru water to get to it.
    Eagle Creek - High water ramp open
    Whitley Creek - closed road blocked at the campground
    Bo Woods - ramps closed. There is house boat across the high water ramp and the normal ramp is closed.

With weather improving for the weekend don't want to spend all the time trying to find access. I did not check any of the other ramps.

Have a great weekend
    ranger I enjoy reading your reports on the lake ----sounds like you have been getting plenty of rain ----try to stay dry

whiplash

Post Thanks / Like

Default good info

Yeah, thanks for the report Barry. Looks like Wolf or eagle if I get lucky enough to get out on the water this weekend
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Good thing I wasn't planning on going this morning because that darn weatherman lied about the snow . I thought he said a CHANCE of FLURRIES not 2 to 3 inches . The phone rang at 7:30 this morning and my boss asked me if I wanted to plow snow . I Thought he was nuts till I looked outside . O well this gives them Crappie a chance to rest before I go again next week .

See Ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Are you guys fishing from the bank or do you keep your boats in heated garages so you don't have to winterize? I would love to go fishing but once I winterize the boat it is done for the season....I don't dare take a chance not winterizing and ruining a lower unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Default kenny

I don't winterize my boat. My boat stays in an insulated pole barn and even when it is 0 degrees outside the coldest I have seen it inside my garage is 25 - 30 degrees. If my local lakes all have ice on them there are a couple of heated power plant lakes within 50 miles I can put in at year round. I use fuel stabilizer and change my oil on a reg basis and try not to let the boat sit still for more than a cuple of weeks. I have done it this way for the last 20 years and have not had a problem with my motor's yet
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Same way with me, except mine sits outside. I make sure all the water is drained out of the motor, use fuel stabilizer, keep the batteries charged,and change the lower unit oil often. Haven't had a problem.

Today I had to take a blowdryer to the cover clasps, though. Nobody said it was easy fishing in January!
    Steve