PDA

View Full Version : What Dreams Are Made Of

fatboy
01-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Went fishing this morning with a buddy at a local lake. Was in the water by seven and headed up river about two miles to fish. At 11:20, we were putting the boat on the trailer. Caught 120 keepers, two creel limits per man, in four hours. Unbelievable. Spent almost an hour and a half filleting all them and getting them bagged and in the freezer. Saved one bag for tonight. Gonna eat good tonight. All fish were caught tightlining in three and half to four and a half feet of water. I was running a rig of two jigs and a minnow at the bottom. My buddy was using two minnows and a jig. Thought I would share this.

fatboy
01-07-2005, 04:17 PM
The new Heaton is definately broken in now by the way.

Big Zig
01-07-2005, 04:38 PM
That almost sounds like a wet dream FB - fish, eat, sleep, repeat. :cool:

Superdave
01-07-2005, 05:26 PM
What lake? Woods or Tims???
Dave

fatboy
01-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Normandy, upper end , above Fire Lake bridge, just past it

PIGINTHEPIGPEN
01-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Damn Fatboy, don't you just hate days like today? I know one thing. When you have a day like that on the water. The cold beer goes down reel good ;)

tjack
01-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Caught 120 keepers, two creel limits per man, in four hours. Unbelievable. Spent almost an hour and a half filleting all them and getting them bagged and in the freezer.

I'm still trying to do the math on this one... You must be fast or have more than two arms.

120 fish
2 people (wasn't just you cleaning?)
so...
60 fish to clean apiece
90 minutes (cleaning, bagging, and freezing)

This equals one fish every 1.5 minutes from cooler to freezer (or so says my 8th grade math). Man! Hope you didn't lose any fingers! How you gonna eat all those fish?

Sound like you had a blast on the water.

Kokanee King
01-07-2005, 06:40 PM
I once had a day like that.

Kokanee King
01-07-2005, 06:41 PM
No. No I didn't. Never. Dang. Sad now.

Jerry Blake
01-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Hey Big J:

Great day! Aren't you glad they aren't all like that! Did you notice if a majority of the fish were males by chance? I've been thinking the males are gonna hit the banks here any day with our surface temps back up in the mid 50s. Couldn't find them there yesterday but am going to check them tomorrow.

I didn't fish today - like I told ya on the phone (when ya called to gloat) :) I spent most of the day looking at boats. Haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet or a manufacturer that will build one the way I want but I'll keep looking. So far Blue Wave is looking the best but there's not a dealer in Arkansas - closest one is 150 miles away in OK. Xpress (built here) has an aluminum boat that would work with a few modifications but I'm not sure I want to pay $35,000 for an aluminum boat.

I sure like your boat - especially since it's paid for! Really only a couple things I want to change.

Bet you're enjoying those fillets right now - damn I'm fish hungry!

fatboy
01-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Pig, that was the total time that it took both of use to clean all of them in my garage. I can clean a fish in about a minute and ten or fifteen seconds. I am not the fastest in the world, but fast enough. Put them all in a huge aluminum bowl that i have, rinsed them off them bagged them. Jerry, i won't pay $35,000.00 for a new truck, much less a new boat.

PIGINTHEPIGPEN
01-07-2005, 08:09 PM
I never said anything about cleaning fish or counting numbers. I said when you have a day like you did today. The beer taste better for some reason ;)

labill
01-07-2005, 08:19 PM
You got in a good lick today, fatboy. Now you're gonna be wondering why every day can't be like that. Get back up that river and do it again. Heck of a catch.........

fatboy
01-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Sorry Pig, i meant Tjack, my brain and fingers often don't communicate too well, especially with cold beer around.

Jerry Blake
01-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Takes me about 1-minute per fish with set-up, filleting and packaging time if it's a good mess.

crappieseeker
01-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Fatboy, I use to have days like that very often. Now they are few and very far between. It's been a long time since the last time I've caught that many keepers. I still catch the 200 or better small fish though quite regular sometimes. I use to catch them two fish at a time on a double jig set up. My question to you is, did you catch the most on jigs or minnows? I aint fished the upper end around there yet, but it looks like I'm gonna have to now. Were the fish good size fish? what kind of jig did you catch them on. Do you ever fish the jig we used that day?

Ranger375
01-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Big J ...I'd just like to know what it feels like catching that many fish much less having a limit 6 times what is here.

Hope you do it again soon.

Kokanee King
01-08-2005, 01:02 AM
wish it was like that up here. tear.

crap-king
01-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Save a few for seed brother Wood - come on down here and sread some of that luck with us in Carolina

fatboy
01-08-2005, 10:33 AM
I will be there this summer. Just got "Reservations" at Canepoles Lake House the weekend of April 1st , then gonna head over to North Arkansas and fish with Darryl. Then heading to central Arkansas to fish with Jerry again and bring back my boat. I will bring it over there in the summer, that way we can get a whole boat load of people on there. Pun intended. Take care.

crap-king
01-08-2005, 02:43 PM
me and you would make a load!!!!!!!!!

Mack
01-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Offering a link for a boat...Jerry.

http://www.seaarkboats.com

Right in your backyard..and they should build just what you want.

Just offering some help...enjoy

ribit
01-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Jerry you could call it Beast II. Rango would be proud you. Wonder how they got that car in that boat. They are good boats I here.

Jerry Blake
01-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Offering a link for a boat...Jerry.

http://www.seaarkboats.com

Right in your backyard..and they should build just what you want.

Just offering some help...enjoy

Hey Mack:

Thanks for the link. I looked at Seaark but they don't have anything as long and wide as I want with enough room inside.

Still looking!