Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lets see those jon boat pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default lets see those jon boat pics

I know that we dont all have big rigs so lets see those jon boats. show us how you have it set up for you. I have added spay in liner. ( 2 gallons ) floor to mount my seat, 2 driftmaster 4 rod T bars. MK maxium 40, 6 vertical rod holders on the side and 2 on the front to hold the rod while I am tieing on or unhooking a fish. 2 bass pro 185 deep cycle battery's 1 for the tm and one for electronics and lights. 1 Matrix 17/gps and 1 peice od $%#$ for the back when I am running. 4 hangers to hold my jig boxes, still got a few things to do but its getting there, maybe some other pics will help me finish it up.

Name:  boat mods 004.JPG
Views: 96493
Size:  102.5 KB

Name:  boat mods 005.JPG
Views: 69264
Size:  103.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

here's my '06 Lowe 1436. the only thing ive done so far is mount 4 cabela's quik draw rod holders. i plan on getting 4 more. i have an Eagle Fish Mark 480 fish finder to mount up front. i have another seat and have bases and pedastels to replace the clamp on seat base. im gonna put carpeted plywood floors in it also. and lights. oh and get a bow mount trolling motor. i have alot of work to do, but still have a couple months before open water gets here.

Cody.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieday
    I know that we dont all have big rigs so lets see those jon boats. show us how you have it set up for you. I have added spay in liner. ( 2 gallons ) floor to mount my seat, 2 driftmaster 4 rod T bars. MK maxium 40, 6 vertical rod holders on the side and 2 on the front to hold the rod while I am tieing on or unhooking a fish. 2 bass pro 185 deep cycle battery's 1 for the tm and one for electronics and lights. 1 Matrix 17/gps and 1 peice od $%#$ for the back when I am running. 4 hangers to hold my jig boxes, still got a few things to do but its getting there, maybe some other pics will help me finish it up.

Name:  boat mods 004.JPG
Views: 96493
Size:  102.5 KB

Name:  boat mods 005.JPG
Views: 69264
Size:  103.4 KB
    Talk to Pan Man on the Virginia board. He rigged out a jon boat one time. I think he has a web site with some pics. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I like that old Evinrude on your boat Cody. I have a identical sized 2006 Alumacraft 1436. It's rigged with a Johnson 8hp motor and a MK Endura 40 trolling motor. I have a '67 Mercury 9.8hp motor for it once I get the fuel systems woes straightened out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiejack fisher mikey
    I like that old Evinrude on your boat Cody. I have a identical sized 2006 Alumacraft 1436. It's rigged with a Johnson 8hp motor and a MK Endura 40 trolling motor. I have a '67 Mercury 9.8hp motor for it once I get the fuel systems woes straightened out.

it's a '61 5.5 hp. it's good little motor.

crappiefarmer...here is the link to Keith's jon boat.

http://members.cox.net/keith.w.davis/

Cody.

Post Thanks / Like

you boys put me to shame. looks like you take your crappie rides seriously. it's raining outside right now, but if the rain quits for a while, i will try to get a shot of my old Mon-Arc.

Post Thanks / Like

The first shot is before adding all my home made rod holders, the second is some of those holders. '94 Alumacraft, '72 20hp Johnson, Eagle finder and Motor guide tm.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this ole boat. She ain't fancy but she works like a horse.

She even treats the kids good.

Last edited by anchorpuller; 01-22-2007 at 07:09 AM.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Cody,
    I read your post when I fixed my old boat up I used some stuff called lucabond (don't no if I spelled that right) this is very strong and is a lot lighter than plywood and won't rot. You could even use old street signs if you no where to get some, the street departments around here will usually give us the old ones.That lucabond is like 2 pieces of sheetmental with foam in the middle compressed down to about an 1/8 of an inch, every strong and works great. If you us wood down the road you will be doing it again it will rot over time I already went threw it. Good fishen
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

I love my jon boats. I really like starting with a clean surface and customizing the way that I see fit. I've done two remodels. One is a scullin' boat for shallow bruspiles and the other a slo-trollin' boat. I must give credit to all those pics, such as these in this thread, for the ideas that I thought that I needed.

I posted this a little while back. There's lots of pics, so I won't repost here. 1st post is the scullin' boat, and the other boat follows it in the thread.
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...hlight=remodel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast