Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under water camera

Post Thanks / Like

Default Under water camera

I would really like to have one of the under water cameras but I am not sure if they will work in my area lakes, Toledo Bend, Sam Rayburn. The guys at Bass Pro say they will work but they are SALESMEN. I asked it they would take it back if it did not work, never answered that question.
    1967/68

Post Thanks / Like

Although I don't own one,My fishing buddy does. What I've seen with it (In our waters )is unless something is real close to it you can't see it.I mean just afew inch's.I sure won't give what they cost unless I had REAL clear water.JMO,

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Bentpole , I purchased one for myself for x-mas and I can't see nothing yet, Ive tried it two times in two different lakes and All I can see is the mud stirring off the bottom a few inches from the lens. Granted I didn't buy the most Expensive model "AQUA CAM" I'm not very impressed so far, maybe Its just the water condition.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Aqua-Vu Scout. The has to pretty clear to see much. Unless it's real close. I'm not very happy with mine. Not even with the infrared LED on you still can not see very far 3 or 4 inches. I have not had a chance to try it in some clear water.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If the water even has a slight tint to it,mine wont show a picture. I took mine up to lake erie and used it to perch fish. It was great. I could see the clam beds in 47ft water. But erie is a very clear lake. I could see the bottom in the bays 15ft deep, without the camera. I dont take it to my home lake. Waste of time for me. I have the original big box aqua-vu.

Post Thanks / Like

I had an Aqua vu and it was about useless unless you were on a very clear lake. I did use it some to look at structure, very close up, just to confirm what my electronics was showing me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up For Sale

I have an Atlantis that I will sell. Been used 2 times. I fish Ky lake & it is not clear enough for the camera.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

they are a waste of money just like the banjo minnow lure, the hydro-hog lure, it's all crap, just want our money. how did we catch fish before all this stuff hit the market????????

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith1951
    they are a waste of money just like the banjo minnow lure, the hydro-hog lure, it's all crap, just want our money. how did we catch fish before all this stuff hit the market????????
    No they aren't. If the lake you fish has clear water, some to most of the time, they're alright. The problem is that most lakes that have creeks or rivers running into them will get muddy quite often. If you have a mud bottom and get a lot of windy days, dont bother getting one. The glacier lakes up north stay clear 80% of the time. Those shows you see them using them are all filmed on those type lakes. They pick and choose very carefully where they use them. Dont buy one if your lake turns even a milky color. If you do, you'll be very dissapointed. They should have a list of lakes and areas, to avoid, if you're buying one.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I hope I didn't screw up getting mine. I took it to the lake for a preview and it looked pretty good, although there weren't any fish under the dock. I wanted mine primarily for having a look at fish I can see on my fishfinder, but not sure what they are or what they're eating. Our lakes have lot's of Northern Pikeminnows(Squawfish) that school up like crappie or bass, and I don't want to waste time fishing for them. I think our lakes are clear enough for the AquaView. I know I've wanted one since the first day I saw them in Cabela's, and by dang, that's what I work every day for, sorta.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast