frank lawhead
01-19-2007, 07:33 PM
NOT ME :eek:

roybuoy
01-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Never Seen One

Gerald
01-19-2007, 07:53 PM
A white perch might look like an albino crappie if you had never seen one.
They are good to eat, but not as good as crappy.
Gerald

jhaiken
01-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Casper the Friendly Crappie

robbor
01-19-2007, 08:48 PM
I wonder if dipping a crappie in Clorox would work?:p
I was just thinking out loud, Ive been looking for some albino channel cats. They are not that uncommon, but never heard of a crappie.

Glowgood Jigster
01-20-2007, 05:23 AM
I've wondered about fish like this one here, we catch black crappie in this spot but now and then we get one like this, can't tell if it's a white or black crappie, it's just sorta pale...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Duggunitt/MVC-006F.jpg

CrappiePappy
01-20-2007, 05:34 AM
I've wondered about fish like this one here, we catch black crappie in this spot but now and then we get one like this, can't tell if it's a white or black crappie, it's just sorta pale...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Duggunitt/MVC-006F.jpg

What you have there is a White Crappie that came out of deep water, or shaded cover. They don't need the pigmentation to hide in the dark :D

A true albino Crappie wouldn't have any coloration on its back/sides. But, I do wonder if they would have pink eyes :eek: .... LOL!! .... cp :cool:

Glowgood Jigster
01-20-2007, 07:16 AM
A white crappie??? All be derned. Had no idea there were whites in our lakes.
I had thought there might be some cross-breds that would look like this one above, but mostly they have the blacks signatures. Thanks!

Darryl Morris
01-20-2007, 08:34 AM
No matter the color and pattern of the crappie, you can count the dorsal spines that will stick you. Five or six is a white crappie. Seven or eight is a black crappie. GJ, I've seen crappie loose their color like that when the water is either really cold or heavily stained or muddy or a combination of both. When they have lost their color like that usually a short ride in you livewell will start to put color back on them.