Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sometimes professional help is needed .....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sometimes professional help is needed .....

In some circles there are folks that tend to think i could use some professional help . now mind ya i am not sure if they are talking about to actually help to ketch fish .
    but on to the fish story , i had a a bud give me a a hollar yesterday and he said hey you want to go ? i said where and he said lake whatever . i said well everytime i hit lake whatever i ketch pretty much anything but crappie so why do we want to hit there ?
    he says he has a hot tip they are on at a certain location that we have hit before there . i said look bud how good is this here information ?
    i don't want one week old bla bla bla that they "were" there and go get it handed to me on such a beautiful day . besides with these fronts rolling thru and the water temps dropping pretty fast they might have "been" there yesterday and not be there today .
    he then says trust me brother this is good information ! i said ok how good brother ? convince me its worth the drive . he said its so and so guide on lake whatever and he is there RIGHT NOW ! so i thunk well maybe it really is on this time , maybe they really will be there and biting .
    well we get to the lake and there is only one boat in sight and guess what ....sure enough its the guide . he does not actually guide for crappie but he knows that particular lake like the back of his hand . and when he says the fish are here or there he knows for sure that the fish are here or there .so with some rather specific instructions we buzz across the lake .
    when we roll up the side scan says HOLY COW lookee at all them there fish under all that there bait .
    we get busy setting up and i drop this here lucky strike tandem 1/32 number 8 tube jig set up i had tied on from a previous trip .
    gets about to the bottom in 25 foot of water and sure enough KABOOM !
    the fish were anywhere from about 15 foot down to the bottom in waters about 18 to 25 plus feet deep .some wanted it moving some didn't and several baits did well . sure was a pretty day and the fish were mighty fun . thanks to my bud for the trip and thanks to our guide bud for the tip . we sure did smack em ....i got my line broke many more times than i would like to mention and pretty much spent to much time replacing jigs on that were broken off my worn out old line . i lost one rather nice one on the top and several in the jungle after the hook ups .
    here are a few of the different baits i dropped and a few fish photos for the forum .
    water temp was 64 and the north wind was at about 10 mph . and we kept a pretty fair number of fish over 11 inches as well .
    and my bud did better than me using a Bobbly Garland shad pole in black and chart on an unpainted 1/24 jighead .
    so in the end yes ......sometimes i would have to agree i am in need of professinal help ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Buddy you are not alone!!!!!!!!!LOL
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. The shadpole is made by strike king not bobby garland. They make the baby shad. They both work great up here in NW PA.

Post Thanks / Like

the package he asked me to give him a body out of was a Bobby Garland so .....BG baby shad it was then ....LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ketch! Of course it seems your always ketchn crappie! Good job!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post

Skip
    Yup
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post

Skip
    thanks sir , we do enjoy the pursuit of these fish for sure . my bud you may remember from the other forum PNSP got him a new boat ,,,new to him anyway
    we are going out sunday afternoon to see if we can ketch a few out of it . headed about 1.5 hours south of where I was the last trip ,so stay tuned ......I am expecting it to be somewhat difficult as we are NOT getting any professional help on this one ....LOL
    and thank you all for the reads and comments

Post Thanks / Like

Now that was a nice time and catch

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have "Fishingpox" too. The doctor said it is terminal.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

yep sometimes folks say I am not quite right in my quest for certain fish and game ......
    but in the end I think I aint quite wrong ......
    so professional help or not if it helps me ketch whatever I am after ....then it is what it is .....