Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Son's update as of now

Post Thanks / Like

Default Son's update as of now

Hi Everyone,

When I am there at BAMC I can not get on any fishing boards I post on for some reason. I was able to last time we were there, but they had changed more to blocked. The lady at the Powless House said they just keep blocking more and more sites and I should stop looking at them naked fish, LOL! I can only check my yahoo email and not my regular one for some reason so I got frustrate with the whole computer thing there and just gave up on that.

I just got back from BAMC (Brooke Army Medical Center) last night after getting stuck there for a few extra days because of the weather. I am so tired that it just feels kind of numb. That drive is getting longer, I swear it is.

OK here is the latest about Randy....Last Friday he had surgery on his buttocks and after it looked remarkable as it was completely closed except for a small area on each side that still have a wound vac, but the doctors did a really good job and I was really surprised. I have seen the pictures of his wound from when he first arrived there and then one later and one the same day of this surgery and it just kept getting better and better. Actually I was shocked that they had closed it as much as they did. Biggest trouble with him right now is he has to stay on his stomach for about 2 weeks which is really tough for him with the colostomy and all.

The only real new bad news (to me) was that I learned his burns on his legs were 3rd degree and not 2nd degree. So this will be a long and still painful recovery, but going from maybe not walking again when he was in Germany to walk with a wobble to now the Doctors think he will walk just fine. Again it will take a long time, but he should get there. He is doing really well dealing with all this and that's very good too. The power of prayer is evident here in a big way.

I don't have plans made yet as to when I will go back, but I am sure it will not be too long before I make a long weekend trip back.

I know Don gave much of this, but thought I should make one my self.

Thank you so much for your support and prayers,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Skip,
    I am very glad to hear that our hero is doing better. I know it is a very long road to recovery but I feel that he will make it. May GOD bless you and your entire family.

Post Thanks / Like

Skip, as one father to another we all can understand some of what you are going through; even though we will never know every thought you have.

You are correct about the guys and gals on this sight being a good source of support. I have poored my heart out here as well and was made to feel so much better by the words of encouragement.

I have so much respect and thanks for the sacrifice those like your son are making. Thanks to you as well for raising a hero.
    Don
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

We will continue to pray here.

God Bless,
    Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear.............. We'll keep his recovery in our thoughts.
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Skip, I know that DonG gave us your address. Would it be better if we had an address for the hospital instead? COntinued prayer from western Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Please tell your son thank you for his sacrifice.

I will continue to pray for your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to here the news Skip. glad things are going better than expected. Take Care. grubby
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

IowaFishin Guest

I am sure that I speak for everyone and wish him and your family the best. We are all proud of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like awesome news. Prayers will continue from Kentucky. Thank him for his service and sacrifice and thank you for raising such an outstanding son. God bless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast