Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking for prayers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Asking for prayers

I placed a post on the Georgia site so now I want to put a post on the main forum. My oldest brothers father-in-law recently had a very nasty fall from a ladder while doing work at his home in Pitts, Ga. Broke right arm and cracked C1 verterbre. This isn't good especially when he is 82yrs old. His name Mr. Jack Dowdy. Bro. Jack has been a pastor for practically all of his adult life. He has pastored at alot of churches over time and has had a hand in bringing several thousand people into the hands of the LORD. Bro. Jack is haveing surgery this morning to try and correct some of the problems and I am asking for all of you to keep him in your prayers. I want to thank all of you for doing this. May the might power of GODs blessings be bestowed upon all of you.

Post Thanks / Like

You wonder about God's will when stuff like this happens...
    I pray for his will to be revealed to those close to this man and for the comfort of those concerned.
    Don
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

May God comfort and stregthen Bro. Jack.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Don for those comforting words. We are now waiting to hear how the surgery went. They told us that the surgery was going to take about 6hrs. We are presently waiting to hear how things went. I also pray for HIS will to be revealed. Again thank you for your prayers.

Post Thanks / Like

May God Bless him and lay his healing hands on Mr. Jack Dowdy. Also may God Bless the family and help them deal with his troubles.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent.....praying all goes well and he makes a full recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Bro. Jack is on our prayer list.
    God bless.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes our prayers too, yaknow it's odd how the Lord refines his precious Children like fine gold... it takes the agony of the furnace to take out the dross, but He gets what He wants in the end... It does seem cruel at times, but Oh Brother, Further Along... we'll know why... Paul knew firsthand. It's no picnic to be a child of God, but man that Feast is going to be a good one!
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to thank all of you sending your prayers. I just got an update. Found Bro. Jack got out of surgery around 10pm last night. Found that there was damage to the spinal cord. Don't know what the long term prognosis is but was told that there would be intensive therapy. This is hard on anybody but double hard on Bro. Jack because of his age. You would have to know Bro. Jack Dowdy to really know how great of a man he is. He is a true child of GOD. Please keep those prayers comeing. May the mighty power of GODs blessings be bestowed upon Bro. Jack Dowdy and his family. GOD bless all of you at Crappie.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast