Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake OZ question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake OZ question

I'm headed down to lake o next week for a week. Spent a lot of time at OZ over the years. Well shoot some docks and hit some brush BUT have any of you guys ever wacked them on any of the bridge piers. I know it's a rough lake and all that. I've spent about 1 hour on the bridge piers and did nothing over the last 10 years. I was thinking of spending a day around the Glaize Piers and or the new bridge piers.
    So will I be wasting my time?????????
    If not I'm open to suggestions!!!!!!!
    The fish you release may be a kids fish of a lifetime!

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught them off the bridge that leads up to haha tonka sp. Think it is hwy 54. Not every time but often enough to try it when I am there. Even picked up a walleye one day. Good luck let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a place real close to the 54 bridge, and it's really hit or miss. There's a couple of humps out there I guess where the old bridge pylon footings were, and I've caught them there, but this year hasn't been real good.
    I did hear from a friend of mine that said his dad wacked some real nice ones next to the bridge piers about a month ago. Not sure which bridge though. Said they were in 30 FOW. I'm thinking the hwy 5 bridge over the Big Niangua, but that's just a guess.

Personally, I would stick to shooting docks. The last couple of weekends they were stacking pretty good. Having better luck on the sides under swim docks close to the back side.

Good Luck and lets us know how it went!