Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Falcon Slab Series Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falcon Slab Series Rods

Looking at the Falcon Slab Series rods, the 10' M action for vertical jigging and 8' L or 7' L action for casting jigs are the ones I'm looking at.

Has anyone tried any of these.

I've been using my bass fishing gear.... a 10 1/2 ft Float and Fly rod for vertical jigging and it's not very sensitive at all. For casting I have been using various drop shot rods which are great until I try to cast 1/16 oz or less jigs.

Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

i've got one of the 10 ft rods and really like it. it's well made has a great action, not a buggy whip and its sensitive. i want one of the 8 ft rods for casting just haven't bought one yet. You'll like the rods if you get one. Just wish they'd make one with a Tennessee cork handle without a reel seat so i could put the reel where i wanted it. Wish they would make more rods with the Tennessee cork handles without a reel seat, helps you balance the rod a lot better.
    Last edited by CrappieWhisperer; 11-15-2015 at 12:18 AM.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieWhisperer View Post
    i've got one of the 10 ft rods and really like it. it's well made has a great action, not a buggy whip and its sensitive. i want one of the 8 ft rods for casting just haven't bought one yet. You'll like the rods if you get one. Just wish they'd make one with a Tennessee cork handle without a reel seat so i could put the reel where i wanted it. Wish they would make more rods with the Tennessee cork handles without a reel seat, helps you balance the rod a lot better.
    CW ... that's one reason I like ESP rods. Though they don't have "cork" Tenn style handles, but graphite ones, capped in cork. The blank goes through the inside of the handle & has metallic disks around it, that are in contact with the inside of the handle, which transmits the slightest vibration right into your hand. It's what they call VAT (vibration amplification technology).

I did field testing for the designer, but had no input on any of the features or specs. I just reported on their function & performance, from using them. The rods are retailed through Norsemen Outdoors, but can be purchased cheaper through Grizzly Jig's catalog.

... cp