Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great first time at East Forks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great first time at East Fork

Today I went out alone for the first time on east fork lake. I had a great time, and I managed to catch 20 crappie in a span of 2 hours. I was using a small aberdeen hook above a small bell sinker with a medium crappie minnow. I was just using one pole and I was dropping it down in 8 feet of water. I was in a small stump filled cove, and saw some brush on the graph, so i decided to drop down there, and ended up catching 20 crappie. Only 10 keepers, but that is alright for my first time I guess.Name:  IMG_1597.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  49.2 KB
    Last edited by taylorj; 11-08-2015 at 09:10 PM.
    Likes Yates, Tom 513, kycreek LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great report taylorj and welcome to the site. I hope you stick around...we need some more people on here.
    Likes kycreek LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I was told by some people that East Fork is having a tough time right now? Is that true, because I thought i did amazing. Is 20 fish not a lot for east fork? lol...

Post Thanks / Like

You did pretty good. The bite has been tough the last few weeks.
    I spend most of my fall in a tree stand so I'm no expert on fall fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job sir!

Locate 'em... feed'em... and then; reel them in.

Oh yeah... I not to good at those three steps - but i am good at typing this "....."
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.
    Likes Tom 513 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Went to EF yesterday with my dad for a few hours. We probably caught 50 crappie during that time. Bite was active. Mostly minnows but jigs too. All white crappie. Downside is out of 50ish fish, I managed only 2 over 9" and they were barely over. We tried different depths and on the main lake and in the coves. Most places we tried, they were there but the size was disappointing. It was good to know they're still there in great numbers I just hope the recent kill didn't dis-proportionally affect the bigger ones. Even if that's the case, they'll grow.

I'll assume we just weren't fishing right for the keeper crappie and I'll be back next spring. But unless the water's high and muddy, I'll probably stick with the river for the rest of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbk View Post
    Went to EF yesterday with my dad for a few hours. We probably caught 50 crappie during that time. Bite was active. Mostly minnows but jigs too. All white crappie. Downside is out of 50ish fish, I managed only 2 over 9" and they were barely over. We tried different depths and on the main lake and in the coves. Most places we tried, they were there but the size was disappointing. It was good to know they're still there in great numbers I just hope the recent kill didn't dis-proportionally affect the bigger ones. Even if that's the case, they'll grow.

I'll assume we just weren't fishing right for the keeper crappie and I'll be back next spring. But unless the water's high and muddy, I'll probably stick with the river for the rest of the year.
    For what it's worth this is exactly how our last trip was to ef a little over a week ago but I figure we also were doing something wrong...

Post Thanks / Like

all the big fish in EF are dead...everyone go away
    Likes Ohio_Crappie_Boy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, all the big fish are dead.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  71.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Who put that in there? That's no crappie...looks like a white carp to me
    I wish I were with you today, hunting for me was slow. Ken saw a few shooters but no shots today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast