Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War Eagle Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default War Eagle Boats

Hello everyone, I've been in the market for some time now for a new boat, I thought I wanted a Ranger but I just don't think I want a boat with carpet since besides crappie I also striper fish. Anyone that's ever striper fished with blue back herring knows their scales go everywhere. I ran across a 861 Predator doing a web search but theirs not much info out on them. Thought I'd ask on here if anyone fishes out of one and how they like it. I fish big water lakes so the things I'd like to know about is the ride how does it ride in choppy water, stability and storage. Thanks.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

As I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate open floor space, storage, and stability. I've fished out of an 861 and they are nice boats for 2 people, just not enough open space in the floor for my tastes. Before I ordered my new rig, I looked at every metal boat on the market and decided it had to be a center console bay type that didn't have to be equipped with a monster outboard. My new Excel Bay Pro 203 is coming soon. Bad knees and catering to other fishermen made me look for low decks. The Excel had everything I wanted at a price I could live with.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

My Ranger has no carpet.... All tin boats ride rough, some worse than others.

Name:  footballboat%20008.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  58.5 KB
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536
    Likes walker733 LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you like the 861, be sure to look over the 961 before you decide. Lots more boat and lots more storage.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I fish out of a war eagle. It's a good riding boat. Get a little wet when it's rough but other than that it's a good all around boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 1652 War Eagle. Best boat I've owned, I regret selling it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mark29860 View Post
    Hello everyone, I've been in the market for some time now for a new boat, I thought I wanted a Ranger but I just don't think I want a boat with carpet since besides crappie I also striper fish. Anyone that's ever striper fished with blue back herring knows their scales go everywhere. I ran across a 861 Predator doing a web search but theirs not much info out on them. Thought I'd ask on here if anyone fishes out of one and how they like it. I fish big water lakes so the things I'd like to know about is the ride how does it ride in choppy water, stability and storage. Thanks.
    I have had an 861 Predator w/ 90hp Mercury since 2008 and fish Kentucky lake. It will run 42-43 mph flat out or idle at 3.2 mph. It's a very stable boat that takes big water well. I really like the lowered front deck . Has plenty of storage IMHO. Also, there is room for four batteries in the rear compartment. All in all, it's been a great boat....I would buy another one if in the market. Hope this helps.
    Just get up and "gofishin". The fish are waiting!

Post Thanks / Like

All the new Rangers have the option to go with a non-carpet interior

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic n View Post
    All the new Rangers have the option to go with a non-carpet interior
    Do you mean metal, glass or both?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yikess View Post
    Do you mean metal, glass or both?
    Metal....I thought that's what he was looking at, and that's what I have. I couldn't say about the glass boats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast