Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this site infected

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this site infected

Just recently, when on this site, I have been getting a window pop up stating the my malware protection software (Malwarebyes) has detected and blocked a virus. The window says "Malicious Website Blocked". The name of this virus is n1.smartyads.com". I would highly recommend not clicking on this address. Heaven only knows where it would take you. Have any of you experienced this problem? I researched this problem and found lots of complaints on the internet but no solutions that seem to work.

If you have a fix for this problem please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. There is another one that pops up. Gotta shut down and restart. Thought it had been took care of. But now they are back.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not encountered anything.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Might want to try this : http://malwarefixes.com/threats/n1-smartyads-com/

Everything I've read about it says it likely hitches a ride on "downloads" and tries to redirect traffic to click on other programs & ads, many of which are browser hijackers & other virus ridden programs/sites.

I'm surprised, however, that your Malwarebytes says it "blocked it" rather than deleted it/quarantined it. I use the free version, update & scan with it at least once a week. I have not seen this malware appear on my computer, and I'm on here several times a day, pretty much every day.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I too have never had a problem on this site.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not getting that
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I only get it on my phone a couple times a week....sometimes instead of telling me i have a virus, I'll get a message saying I won a new iPhone..
    I back out and delete history, cookie, etc....I only get it on here also.
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

phones, kindles and ipads. And only on crappie.com. Desktop and laptop are no problem. And yep, the won an Iphone is the other. Some days it is almost impossable to navigate the site others no problem. No problem on bassboatcentral, microskiff, florida sportsman, walleye central, rimfire central, duckhuntingchat, only CDC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    phones, kindles and ipads. And only on crappie.com. Desktop and laptop are no problem. And yep, the won an Iphone is the other. Some days it is almost impossable to navigate the site others no problem. No problem on bassboatcentral, microskiff, florida sportsman, walleye central, rimfire central, duckhuntingchat, only CDC
    Same here...no other forums, just here when I'm on my Samsung Galaxy S5 active! Not my home computer, or laptop!
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    I have had this same issue for a while. Thank God I have an Apple system to stop the adware. A few years ago I lost a three month old laptop due to this. My work servers are highly protected and at times won't let me on this site.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast