PDA

View Full Version : 4 lb crappie

GRIZZ
01-17-2007, 03:14 PM
I was searching for some nice crappie pics today and ran across this. I thought you might all enjoy seeing a rare 4lb crappie that really looks like 4 lbs or more. I sure enjoyed seeing it. I'd sure enjoy catching it. There weren't any details about where it was caught except in some lake near his uncles. I'd like to know where it came from.

http://www.thejump.net/fishing/3fishphoto4/fishing-picture-16.htm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/Birdsongrm/4lbcrappie.jpg

siscoken
01-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Wow what do they call those fish will both eyes on the same side of their head (soul)...that is what that looks like...lol
Ken

FalconSmitty
01-17-2007, 06:31 PM
now that is a CRAPPIE

Luremaker358
01-17-2007, 08:44 PM
I bet he caught the biggest fish with a red wiggler on a zebco 202.

GRIZZ
01-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Halibut

NIMROD
01-17-2007, 08:53 PM
WOW! That's a real barn door slab! Thanks for posting.:D

GRIZZ
01-17-2007, 08:54 PM
I bet he caught the biggest fish with a red wiggler on a zebco 202.

lol - your close I bet.

Bridges
01-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Thats a lot of sac-a-lait to be all hooked up in one fish!

GRIZZ
01-17-2007, 11:05 PM
You seem to have a special affection for sac - lol

wrwest
01-18-2007, 08:48 AM
OH Yes.... That is a Slab...

SLABSTALKER
01-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Talking about a slab, Funny about the red wiggler and zebco 202 lol!!!!

Here is story I had seen that makes me think of that http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/1579376.html

4lb14oz black crappie on Shakespeare rod and a Zebco 33 reel

CrappiePappy
01-18-2007, 09:58 AM
You seem to have a special affection for sac - lol

He's from Louisiana .... where they call 'em "Sac-a-lait" ;) I don't think he's referring to our recently departed member :p .... cp :cool:

ToadRunner
01-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Talking about a slab, Funny about the red wiggler and zebco 202 lol!!!!

Here is story I had seen that makes me think of that http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/1579376.html

4lb14oz black crappie on Shakespeare rod and a Zebco 33 reel

Great story Slabstalker!! And to think my wife complains when I buy her a new fishing rod for Christmas, Birthday and Mother's Day:) :)

Backlash
01-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Yet another reason to not teach your wife to fish! She'll only make you look bad. LOL. She broke a KY state record that stood for a long time.

ToadRunner
01-18-2007, 11:47 AM
I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I don't think I could survive the shock of catching a nearly 5lb crappie. I would just keel over right there in the boat with bonafide Fred Sanford "Big-One" heart attack. But I would go happy....:D

GRIZZ
01-18-2007, 05:45 PM
He's from Louisiana .... where they call 'em "Sac-a-lait" ;) I don't think he's referring to our recently departed member :p .... cp :cool:

Ahh, I always kinda wonders why his tag said that. Thanks CP.

If I'm not mistaken thats another pic of just about my favorite crappie pics ever where she is supporting that fish from under its belly and it looks like a giant. I thought they decided that was a hybrid. I don't think they could consider it for Black crappie records status.

DENNIS BOWERS
01-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Thats The One We All dream Of-LOL!!!!!

jlaughlin72
01-18-2007, 10:15 PM
That is a really nice slab there, regardless if its black white or hybrid.
There is a guy down the road from my house that caught a white crappie, i dont remember the date on the tag, either 83 or 93 and he weighed it "un-officially" and it weighed in at 4 pounds 3 ounces. He had it mounted and never thought about calling the game wardens to see if it was a state record at the time. I think it would have been.

gabowman
01-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Now that's a HOSS!:eek:

CrappiePappy
01-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Ahh, I always kinda wonders why his tag said that. Thanks CP.

If I'm not mistaken thats another pic of just about my favorite crappie pics ever where she is supporting that fish from under its belly and it looks like a giant. I thought they decided that was a hybrid. I don't think they could consider it for Black crappie records status.

Penny's fish was checked out by the state biologists, and determined to be a naturally occuring (but rare) hybrid. That excluded it from the IGFA all tackle record for Black Crappie. But, since KY does not distinguish between species of Crappie ... it was given State Record status. ....... cp :cool:

3's
01-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Back in the 70's when I was a pup I went fishing on a sunday afternoon with my older cousin. As usual he was catching bass left and right and I couldn't catch a mosquito bite. We were told not to keep any fish because we were goin home from the grandparents later that afternoon and our dad's didn't want the 'mess' of cleanin' fish. Well my cousin looked in my tackle box and told me to tie on this old rubber minnow lure and cast my 202 out to the "dark spot" in the lake and let it sink. When I started reeling in I thought I was hung and started giving him crap about me being hung up. He said your not hung, your lines moving. Well after quite a fight I landed the biggest crappie I had ever seen. Well I wanted to show everyone and knew they wouldn't be too mad if the fish "died" and I had to bring it home and clean it so we threw it up on the bank and fished about another hour and a half before we had to head back. We got back and everyones jaws dropped when they saw this crappie. Dad wasn't mad like I thought he'd be and even called the local market owner (good ole small town life) and she open the store so that we could weigh it on her meat scale. After being out of the water for ~2 hours it tipped the scale at 4 lbs 13 oz. To this day dad still tells people about that one. That old farm pond as only given up a handful of crappie to me since.

bugman
01-19-2007, 06:10 AM
Fish of a lifetime,did ya'll think to take any pic's of it...i'd like to lay my eye's on that hog.