HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: B&M Poles Sharpshooter review

Post Thanks / Like

Default B&M Poles Sharpshooter review

Not too long ago I read about the new rod that B&M Poles had out that targets the dock shooters. I decided to give it a try. Just went out this morning and tried it out and I can say now that to me this is the best dock shooting rod I have ever owned. I use mostly a 1/24th oz jig and this 6ft rod called "The Sharpshooter" sling this small jig with ease. It is also very accurate and is easier for me to shoot. See I have bad back problems and can't bend my back much and with this new rod I hardly ever have to bend over any at all to shoot with it. Wow I wished something like this would have come out long ago. Way to go B&M Poles!!!
    Likes Slab, fireman1501, chaunc, "G", RLR LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks from one who also suffers from "a unhappy back" I will have to see if Grizzly carries them .
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

What size line are you using?
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see BnM come out with a longer, "bulked up" dock shooting rod. I got to handle the original 5' version, and found it to be a bit too whippy for me. This was back in the early 2000's and I was using a 5' Quantum rod. I added a 5'6" ESP UL rod to my arsenal, and it quickly took the place of the Quantum. Fast forward several years and the 5'6" ESP UL has been replaced with a 6'6" PowerLite ESP rod. The PowerLite has been my "jig casting" rod for years, and works very well for shooting docks ... so now I don't have to switch rods when casting down a bank & come upon a dock I want to shoot.

My dock shooting "mentors" used 6' med action "Bass" rods, and I'll put my PowerLite up against any of theirs, for distance, sensitivity, and backbone. The ESP lineup of rods has always had the micro guides ... to reduce overall weight & to facilitate "line wiggle" reduction. Glad to see BnM going in that direction.

Ragfly ... I hope the Sharpshooter 6 serves you well, and you wear'em out with it

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

This is a true story. I purchased three sharpshooter rods from Academy for 1 penny apiece. I thought I had hit the lottery.

Reggie
    Likes Tony the Tiger, Red190, Gindog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
    This is a true story. I purchased three sharpshooter rods from Academy for 1 penny apiece. I thought I had hit the lottery.

Reggie
    How'd you pull that off? They price em wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wadenthebushes View Post
    How'd you pull that off? They price em wrong?

I ran them thru the scanner and it came up 1 cent apiece. I then took one of them up to the cashier and she confirmed the price. I have gotten some killer deals at Academy but nothing like penny rods.

Reggie

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one from Grizzle Jigs about a month ago. The best customer service I have ever received. As for its action I put it to the test this weekend. I hooked up 18" LMB, with 8lb test mono. I was impressed with its backbone to handle that fish. Its sensitive enough to feel the jig running on the bottom. Its shooting ability is just fantastic. Am I excited with this rod you bet I am. My hats off to B&M. And yes Pappy I thought long and hard on them ESP rods, as I have read all of your posts about them. I still may get me one for Christmas.
    dave
    in currituck

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tahoe 50 View Post
    And yes Pappy I thought long and hard on them ESP rods, as I have read all of your posts about them. I still may get me one for Christmas.
    If you're considering a ESP rod in the 6' length range .... understand that the length of the rod from tip to where it enters the handle is the SAME on a 6' rod as it is on a 6'6" rod. The 6 inch "difference" (on the 6'6" rod) is the extended handle (poodle tail). So, if you really don't like the extended/split handle designs, intended for more leverage on hooksets & fighting the fish, then the 6' rod gives you the same 6ft length of rod from handle to tip.

And like I've said before ... if Grizzly Jig has them in stock, his prices are close to $10 below what the Norsemen Outdoors website quotes.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

After seeing this review I decided to pull the trigger on one of the new 2016 Sharpshooter Six rods I had been waiting to come to my local shop. It was still not there so I ordered it through B'N'M's website. After spending the entire weekend shooting docks, I am convinced this is the best Dock Shooting Rod I have ever used. It has nice backbone and is not floppy like many of the dock shooting specific rods on the market today, and it will skip a 1/32 jig so far it will get you in trouble. Not only was it a great Rod for shooting docks, but I was also able to cast the 1/32 jig to Crappie that were busting Shad n the surface near the dock. Thanks for the review. I just ordered a second one!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast