Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Ideas

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for having me on your wonderful forum.

I need to create a Crappie fishing infographic for work and this was the first place I wanted to come and brainstorm ideas on what crappie anglers would love to see an infographic about?

Look forward to meeting you all,
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from south central Mississippi. What about the different ways to fish for crappie like spider rigging, drop shotting, long lining crankbaits, pushing crankbaits, casting, vertical casting,jigging, fishing with corks and without, live bait and artificials, etc. so many ways to fish for crappie I know I missed some. Hope this helps give you some ideas. Good luck with your Crappie fishing infographic.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes ChuckCrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the fast reply and warm welcome :o:o

Most definitely! I had some of those on my list, but as I've only ever gone Crappie fishing 3 times in my life, I feel I might be missing something the more experienced anglers care about.

Like for example what's a regular burning question on every Crappie fisherman's mind? Something that is great to capture into some snippets of information? Afterall I don't have room for every single fishing method

Post Thanks / Like

The main thing that is always on a crappie fisherman's mind everytime he goes fishing is where to fish . Example do I fish shallow or deep water, points or ledges, on flats or in bushtops, coves or creek runs. We never know where the fish may be so we are always planning where to look for crappie. Although we have fish sonar to help with this we still need a game plan on where to start looking or we waste a lot of time looking.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Seasonal movements ... ie "where are they, in relation to where "should they be". What does the water & weather conditions, temp & clarity have to do with the "location" of the fish. What presentation (depth, speed, type of bait) would be the best to use under those conditions.

The problem with trying to "box" specific info is .... there are so many variables in types of lakes or bodies of water, season length variables depending on location of those bodies of water, and the weather differences of North, South, East, or West locales. The prevailing cover type utilized by Crappie can range widely, depending on the lake's contents and layout ... but, usually consists of wood, weeds, or rock. Those may be naturally occurring, or man-made/placed, and in some instances almost none are present.

I think Scrat has it dialed in, as most anglers want to know "where" the fish are (depth & type of cover being utilized) at the time in which they intend to go fishing. They can then make a game plan, picking the areas to fish and the methods they can employ to put their baits of choice into the zone where the fish can find it. Don't matter if you have the world's greatest bait, 100% guaranteed to catch fish, if you're not fishing where the fish ARE !!

Back in the "good ol days" ... most anglers went fishing in the same places & used the same methods that they'd used successfully in years past. They were basically fishing by "rote" (memory via repetition). The advent of better & better electronics, over the years, has led to the expansion of the methods of presentation that we enjoy, today. Even so, those electronics don't catch fish ... they just shorten the time it takes to find the cover or depth being used by the fish, and some show the presence or absence of fish. It's still up to the angler to pick the right bait & presentation method that will elicit a strike from those fish.

... cp
    Likes flcracker, NIMROD LIKED above post