Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for used Stick Steering Controls

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for used Stick Steering Controls

I have a 15' 1977 Cane Cutter fiberglass crappie boat (similar to an old tidecraft crappie boat).with a console in it. Just eats up a lot of room and hate the up and down every time i want to move etc etc ...I would really like to turn it into a stick steer. Anyone with one 12-13' setup they wouldnt mind parting with please PM me.

Thanks

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just some input on what I found when I looked for some a while back. Used were very hard to find and the ones I found had been in the elements for extended periods. New wasn't a give away price but after buying used and having to replace the cable I just moved on. Good luck with it, I miss my stick boat a lot, and it's been gone since '09.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Old stick steering cables will break. I did like Skeetbum bought a used one and it froze up and broke wound up throwing it away. Best to start with a new one to be safe.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the input guys. Yes they are very hard to find. Cant justify shedding $300 on something when the boat is functional as it sits.. its just a "luxury" that Im trying to add on the cheap. Figured Id get lucky and find a decent used one floating around here in cyberspace.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep a check on Craigs list and Ebay. Like Skeet I have seen them but used ain't cheap.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I have the stick unit, cable is frozen up. New cable (13 ft) is about $120

Post Thanks / Like

I have one that was never used. I was going to install on a 14' boat . The day I had it set up in driveway guy pulled in and made me an offer I couldn't refuse on the boat just as it was. That was about 4 years ago and the stick steering assembly has been hanging in my garage ever since. Would be willing to sell for 125 plus whatever actual shipping is to get it to you. It was taken out of its original shipping box and got as far as laying it out. When the guy pulled in driveway. I believe it is a 11'- 6 " though. But since you are tearing down the boat as it is you could adjust it to fit to your liking. Much like I was doing on my old boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a line on one locally somewhere in Shreveport Im calling on today for $50. If its in good shape and all works then Ill be done - But Hays47 - If It falls through then Ill be contacting you! Thanks!!