Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's a video for you guys to watch.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's a video for you guys to watch.

this is where I used to live in Oregon hope you will enjoy.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t8BqWXlgQw

www.bobsjigs.com
    Likes Minus 1, theygotaeat, kycreek, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob it sounds like they do a lot of catching up there. Is there a limit or is it like Idaho where it's considered a trash fish. I will never understand that.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great place.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PawPaw "gene" View Post
    Bob it sounds like they do a lot of catching up there. Is there a limit or is it like Idaho where it's considered a trash fish. I will never understand that.
    "gene"
    Oregon does not have a size limit or limit on crappie we were trying to change the laws in Oregon to 50 fish in the snake River system per day the problem there is that they come and catch all they want and I mean tons and haul them out and sell them which is illegal it was nothing to catch a few hundred fish a day there no problem but the game department would not go for it and we are still working on trying to get a limit on them and Oregon they are not considered a trash fish they also don't have any size or limit on the other panfish only on bass smallmouth in largemouth there are restrictions on some catfish and of course all the other trout salmon and steelhead in Sturgeon there are limits and you have to get a tag for them. the seasons will very is sometimes they do run in cycles where they will die down and then come back I think this is the case in most all the waters in the US another problem that they were having and Brownlee a few years back is they drew the water down so low that they killed a lot of eggs we managed to get that water level study for the hatch would go off about over 30 years ago they did not have a warm water fishery program which the club I belong to an Oregon got started but still again there's very little to be done with the warm water game fish they concentrate on salmon and steelhead and trout which is the main fishery in the Northwest.

www.bobsjigs.com
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Thanks for sharing the video.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I also enjoyed the video Bob. I hope for the sake of the crappie that y'all can get limits set and enforcement to back it up.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for posting enjoyed it.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You really had a nice piece of property in Oregon. I do like the fact that you could just go fishing whenever you wanted without leaving the property. You are just blessed that way.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    You really had a nice piece of property in Oregon. I do like the fact that you could just go fishing whenever you wanted without leaving the property. You are just blessed that way.
    yes it was a beautiful piece of property and I truly would love to have it back but I don't think that's going to happen may be a miracle would happen that I would get it back.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I went here this summer and had a blast catching crappie and smallmouth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast