Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Little Prairie Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Prairie Report

Went to Little Prairie Lake to figure out the starting sequence on my new little electric 20HP motor. Having some problems with it, just cranks. I thought it was the fuel primer bulb on the motor. Checked with the people where I bought it. The advised me to try to just not use it, just use the choke, but that seemed not to work. It didn't start until I pumped it about 10 times real quick. But that can't be right. Ripnlips showed up, a surprise, and we talked about it. I just need to figure out what and when to push which button. But it still beats pulling a rope.

Anyway. We were just floating around "old faithful" stump. And there she was, a nice one. Crunched that minnow pretty good. Released it back to the stump. Ripnlips said should of took a picture for this post. Told him he was right, but at least I had a witness. Was only about 8 foot deep.

Stayed out running the motor at different rpm's for a while. Seems like once that motor runs a little it will start better. It's mainly the initial startup. One thing for sure, and Richards right, I need to use it more.
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I did not see anything. No crappie about 12 in. just no fish in that lake. Good visit Paul.

Post Thanks / Like

It couldn't have been a crappie, we know Paul doesn't target that type of fish. Make sure to put a little Sea Foam in the tank to try and clean the fuel system.
    Likes ripnlips, dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

X 2 on the seafoam.