Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I need some ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need some ideas

I tore the wood floor out of my jon boat and replaced it with aluminum. I fish by myself all the time so I going to build this boat for only one fisherman. I want to secure the batteries in front of my back seat in side their boxes. I was thinking that I could put a piece of aluminum in the bottom of the boxes and rivet them or self tapping screw it to the floor ; then a piece of rubber in them to protect the bottom of the batteries.

I need them to be very secure because at times I run up and down gravel roads.

Any ideas as to what I can do?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like that should work you may also strap them down too.
    Let's go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rusty:

I've always screwed my battery boxes to the floor with stainless steel sheet metal screws with fender washers in each corner of the box and never had one come loose. You could add a couple screws with fender washers over the tie-down strap inside the box as close to each edge as possible for added security. Those little plastic cleats they come with that you are supposed to screw down over the strap never impressed me as a satisfactory way of securing a heavy battery.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I though about doing the same thing. Alum is to loud though. Wood is more dead, you will need carpeting also. The best thing i ever did was to add a front deck to my kon that hangs over the boat 4" on each side. Nice big casting deck, a little higher than normal and no water in the boat from waves.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

I put foam under my aluminum floor. I also used battery boxes and cut them down a bit screwed to the floor and used little metal bars to hook bungie cord to go over the battery.

Wood floors and decks are to heavy and stay wet.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good plan to me!
    He who dies with the most lures wins!

Thats why they call it fishin and not catchin!

Post Thanks / Like

Battery boxes with straps screwed to the floor................ works for me!
    On all three batteries!

john

p.s. The only wood in my boat is the paddle........... note to self: buy plastic paddle:p

Really though......... THAT is the reason I bought a Triton Boat.......... no wood what so ever!
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!