Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting out of boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting out of boat

I am finding it harder and harder to climb over the bow of my boat when getting out at the ramp and was wondering if anyone has designed something
    that allows you to step or get out without going over the obsticles at the front or getting down on my hands and knees and crawling out without risking injury.

Post Thanks / Like

After having double hip surgery I also have trouble getting in and out of my boat so I asked the lake Ranger if I could put a homemade hand rail up. It sure does help getting in and out of the boat and a lot of others use it now. Looks like they would have them on all the boat landing piers they sure help getting in and out of a boat and to keep my balance. Made it out of black 1" steel pipe and bolted it down real good so it won't move and painted top white so as to be seen in the dark of night. That's my better half of 40 years and fishing partner holding the boat while I parked the truck.

Name:  000_0889.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  45.5 KBName:  000_0890.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  55.0 KB
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

If your talking about the boat. Look at some pontoons they have them. It's a step or two built off the trailer with a hand rail that runs up the side of steps buy the winch. Sorry don't have any pictures sold my pontoon. But you could just step down on step and you have hand rail to hold onto. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Here ya go
    Home

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I built a "stairway" on the tongue of my trailer. Best mod I ever made. I'll try to take a picture and post it tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be adding a storage box to the trailer and using it as a step from the trailer tongue to the bow. The box will contain boat related items; cover, spare bearings, trailer jack, wheel chokes, fish cleaning gear, spare prop, etc. More than likely it will also hold my trailer spare tire too.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Following.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a guy that had a small foot size steps ,treads, stairway with a hand rail, it was a bolt on factory made setup sorry not sure on the brand. If you google boat trailer steps there are lots of options and pictures .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob View Post
    I am finding it harder and harder to climb over the bow of my boat when getting out at the ramp and was wondering if anyone has designed something
    that allows you to step or get out without going over the obsticles at the front or getting down on my hands and knees and crawling out without risking injury.
    Call Mark at Ezee Step Systems 815-252-6771. This is what he did for me. Please tell him I recommended him to you. Just got them mounted. They are GREAT! Piece of cake......getting in and out. Safe too!
    Hope this helps.
    Chuck Haley
    Summerfield, NC
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Capt.C........Life's short. Be a friend. Eat good. Have fun and fish hard!
    Likes Cane Pole, Clint, jwilson904, dallman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am having the same problem, I sit on pier and slide into boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast