Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for jigs in all the wrong places...

Post Thanks / Like

Question Looking for jigs in all the wrong places...

Looking with no luck. Want a round ball with barb/collar or keeper wire. 3/32oz. With #2 sickle hook (bronze or black) and the clear "Y" type weedless guards. Checked with a couple member/sponsors already with no luck. Any references would be appreciated...

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim .... have you checked with Grousefly ?? (Paul Mullins, Vicco Ky)

Ph# 6066423167
    Email - [email protected]

He makes my 1/16oz ballhead jigheads with the clear Y weedguard & #2 Aberdeen gold hook, that I use all the time. He likely has the capability to make what you're looking for.

Understand, though, that he takes orders and makes the products as they come to him, so it may take a little while to get your order. He also offers a discount to Crappie.com members that order a specific amount (you'll have to ask him about that), so be sure and let him know that you are a member.

... cp
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Pappy,
    thanks. Fly was the first place I went. I've bought from him before but he can't make the y guard in a 3/32.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you check with Bugman? He has done a few new molds with wire keepers a while back and does good work.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, skeetbum. PM sent to Bugman, but any other references would still be appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Bonehead Tackle has the clear weedless guards ....not a Y type though
    and pretty sure Crazy angler has your jigheads
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    Bonehead Tackle has the clear weedless guards ....not a Y type though
    and pretty sure Crazy angler has your jigheads
    Grousefly has the Y guards (clear, black, maybe others) but you'd have to drill a hole in the jighead and glue them in. I've got some, but haven't yet bothered to use them on any other jigheads, since I bought a hundred 1/16oz & 1/32oz heads with Y guards and only lost or give away less than two dozen of them over the last few years since.

Most everybody I know, especially jig casters & dock shooters, seem to prefer 1/16oz & 1/24oz jigs. No kick against wanting a 3/32oz head .... but, if push came to shove, I'd get 1/8oz heads with Y guards & clip off some of the lead head

... cp
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips, all. 3/32oz request came about b/c I like to fish fast & the 1/16th seems to be the ticket when they want a slow/still presentation, but the 1/8oz falls too fast when they aren't on the bottom...

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimPierce View Post
    Thanks for the tips, all. 3/32oz request came about b/c I like to fish fast & the 1/16th seems to be the ticket when they want a slow/still presentation, but the 1/8oz falls too fast when they aren't on the bottom...

You have just stated why 99% of the time I use the slip float method to get lures to a depth and keep them there. 1/16th or 1/8th do just fine using that technique up to 25 feet of water.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.