Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transition, polarized prescription lens advise needed

Swampseed is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Transition, polarized prescription lens advise needed

Needing to get prescription glasses with progressive bifocals and was wanting to get the Transition and polarized lenses. Wanting to hear from people who have polarized transition glasses and how they like them for outdoor activities especially fishing. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

My dad has them and doesn't have an issue. Has them in regular glasses. We prefer Oakley and they make a great pair of regular glasses frames. For sunglasses, I prefer the Oakley Half Flak model. They wrap around. They cost a bit more as they have to be manufactured directly by the company itself but you get what you pay for. No one else that I am aware of makes a wrap around prescription pair of sunglasses.

As for the transition part, I don't like them. Just my preference. I don't have an issue with slipping my regular pair off and putting on my sunglasses (that is just me). My dad on the other hand, loves the transitions and polarized is the only way to go. Good luck
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Swampseed is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks wicklundrh, everybody keeps telling me get a pair of prescription in both regular and sunglasses. Then that's one more thing for me to carry and better yet one more thing for me to remember to bring. All I know is it's heck getting OLD! LOL
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 09-23-2015 at 12:26 PM.

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Transition, polarized prescription lens advise needed

I have a pair of transitions, and a pair of prescription sunglasses. My sunglasses get a lot darker than my transitions get. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Last edited by Redge; 09-22-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swampseed View Post
    Thanks wicklundrh, everybody keeps telling me get a pair of prescription in both regular and sunglasses. Then that's one more thing for me to carry and better yet one more thing for me to remember to bring. All I know is it's hell getting OLD! LOL
    think of the alternative!! getting old is terrific!!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I have to take mine off when tying on a jig. I play heck trying to find them and they are on my head or the bill of my hat. I know the feeling. I have a back pack that goes with me every time I fish. It sits in the back seat of my truck and my sunglasses are always in the front pouch.

I also carry a spare set of cloths in a waterproof bag, first aid stuff even though it is in my boat, a fire starter, a spare knife, zip ties, ziplock bags, a flashlight, head lamp, extra batteries, gun clip, and a few other things. Seems like a lot but it isn't. Got my dad in the same habit. Now, if you don't want to forget something, it goes in the bag. It is the first place I check and it stays in my truck when not in the boat.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 09-23-2015 at 12:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I do. I get my prescription and order a cheap pair of these glasses. I have 80% tint put in my prescription glasses to make a real good pair of sunglasses. I have to wear bifocal glasses so by doing this I can tread hooks or whatever. The best thing is they are cheap and you can make them anyway you want to. Check this site out it may save you some $$$ to buy fishing gear with later.

Eyeglasses Online - Buy Prescription Glasses & Eyeglass Frames | Zenni Optical
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine has the transition glass and he hates them in the winter when there is snow on the ground

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Wal-Mart one day in the fishing section and they had some Berkley sunglasses with a small reader lens at the bottom. I have to have readers and I have gotten were I couldn't see to tie a hook. So I thought what the hey and bought them. I don't leave home without them now.The lens is pretty good size and the reader lens is far enough down it does not bother me. The lens are a lighter amber color and I can wear them even if its a little cloudy or to drive in.They stay on my hat all day long at work, when I go outside to work they go right on.Allow me to read print and rulers in the bright sun,etc. tying 6lb line on a small jig is childs play now.Best 20 bucks I ever spent.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have transition progressive lens for fishing, driving, ect. I like them. I also have progressive clear so I can see to read via these new type almost light bulbs.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast