Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got wet this morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got wet this morning

Looked at the radar this morning, looked like the rain would miss just to the north. Front coming through this afternoon, surely the fish will bite. Started fishing under my umbrella in a light rain. After about 10 minutes a white (crappie) perch. Raining a little harder, few more minutes a channel cat. Raining harder with a little north wind. 10 more minutes another white perch, raining sideways now from the north. That's enough for me, wind up and head for the ramp. Tomorrow is another day as Scarlet would say.
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

At least you gave it a good try and were rewarded. I figured the weather would also turn them on but I couldn't go today. Now will have to let the weather settle a few days.
    "gen"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Paw Paw, how did the Mrs.'s back surgery turn out?

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony it came out amazingly well. The surgery took only about 1 1/4 hours, and we went home the same day. Today we go in for final check up. She has not had any pain since the day of the surgery. The Dr. did the procedure through a 1 inch cut in her back through which he inserted a tube to hold the cut open. Through that tube he laser cut some bone to make an opening into which he reached the problem disc and removed it. The miracle of modern technology. Linda talked to someone this week that had the same problem but it was repaired the old fashion way, large incision, fusion, metal apparatus to hold the parts together and so forth. It's been 2 months and she is just starting rehab. Linda didn't need rehab, just the first 2 weeks of not picking up anything and remaining standing or lying down. After the 2 weeks she was released to do anything but picking up anything of weight and not bend over as much as possible. Today that should be lifted. The surgery is a life changing event for her. She can now sleep without pain, get in and out the boat easier, and fish very comfortably. Plus she can do her household duties without taking any pain pills.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes "G", Redge, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats fantastic news
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's great, I hope if I have to have another one it will be that easy. Had 6 W perch this morning all between 9 and 10 inches, nothing to get exited about.