Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Late Morning Today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Late Morning Today

Well I got to the lake pretty late this morning then by the time I got minnow at the marina it was practically afternoon by the time I started fishing. I run up the Grand and fished kinda deep 12-20 fow at about 10-12 ft down on the flats near the channel. In the almost 6 hours r so of fishing had 1 fish and missed two bites. All is not lost though, it was a remarkable day on the water very few boats a nice breeze and almost flat calm water.

If y'all have anysugggestions (besides bet an earlier start) please feel free to leave them. I dont usually crappie fish until winter so I will appreciate any help...
    David C. L'Heureux
    ET2 SW/AW USN RET
    100% Disabled Veteran
    Formerly known as dhkdl1

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a beautiful day today. The bite has been tough and is for sure better early then tapers off. I have been fishing really shallow. 2'-8' and about 10" off the bottom. This pattern usually works for me until the water hits the upper 60's.

Post Thanks / Like

Jared where were you fishing? I put in at bucksaw and ran up to otter. I havent been up further than that yet cause i dont know the lake up there.

Post Thanks / Like

That should have been a good place to start. Gotta get them at daylights. Make sure to hit the trees outside of otter also.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was way on up. From the reports I have got the better bite is on down closer to Bucksaw and below. I did hear of some limits on the Tebo arm today and they had some good fish to. Forgot to add that straight jig has been best for me. Even better than a straight minnow.