Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need lure opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need lure opinions

So I am getting ready to purchase a few bandit crankbaits for upcoming tournament. Problem is I have never used crankbaits for crappie, but want to make sure I at least have them available. I hear they do great for fall fishing. What series are best for crappie? And what speed do you pull a crankbait when trolling? Figure prob .5 mph but again that's a guess. Any knowledge would be appreciated, with many thanks!
    Always wear your PFD my sonar sucks!!!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Series depends on depth range you are trying to hit. Here is a depth chart for 200's and 300's.....chart is based on 10 lb. Mono line pulling at 1.6 to 1.8 mph. I pull mostly Bandit 300's and Arkie 350's Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1442791903056.jpg
Views: 10593
Size:  24.4 KB
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Christopher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a crank bait authority by any means, but I have seen a lot of good reviews on here about the Arkies, who are a site sponsor. So, some of you guys that pull Arkies, chime in here and help this fellow out.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes Christopher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks G, guess I would have been crawling them. Chart awesome will put to good use. Thanks SeaRay definitely open to any brand, sponsor included!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the depth chart for the Arkie 350's. You can get these crankbaits at GrizzlyJig. Grizzly Jig Company. They have some great colors designed by ScottV on the MS board and all the prototypes were field tested by me for Arkie before they went into production. They are great baits. Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1442794380235.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  18.1 KB
    Last edited by "G"; 09-20-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Christopher, Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

and SeaRay.....Bandit is a site sponsor here at C.C also
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again G! I seen sponsors on bottom that's why I was going with Bandits. But prob just get some of both to make sure I have it covered. Going to whole new lake for tournament and have to be prepared!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    and SeaRay.....Bandit is a site sponsor here at C.C also
    Yes I knew that and they are the gold standard for crappie cranks. Just thought he might want a cheaper option to start with, both are good products. Did not mean to put one over the other.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Its all good Ray......I use every brand made.....I am partial to the Arkies though.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Went ahead and ordered 4 each bandit and arkies. Plus ordered couple cabelas driftmaster 3 reels to get perfect presentation. So my kayak and I are now ready for Patoka Lake! G and SeaRay may the crappie gods pay it forward to you for your help! I'll update you on how I did with this knowledge after the classic. Tight lines!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast