PDA

View Full Version : nice catch for 07

grundan
01-15-2007, 10:33 AM
we got on em good this past saturday. fishing guntersville. big fish was over 3 lbs. 15.25" long. had a few over 2lb.

hope the pics are ok. using my cell phone camera.

Speck
01-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Awsome catch!! Good job guys.

Jerry Blake
01-15-2007, 10:48 AM
H A W G S ! ! !

Fishpole
01-15-2007, 11:40 AM
nice stringer, what general area you fishing. I live in memphis area now but used to live in huntsville and fished guntersville as a kid. guntersville is enormous but we used to go to mud creek, mink creek and n salty 30+ yrs ago and bring home coolers of fish. Them was the good ole days. When i go back so see the folks i might be inclined to bring the boat next time.

gonefishing
01-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Great catch you have there keep it up.

crappiekid24
01-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Nice Job!

wrwest
01-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Nice bunch of fish ya go there...

Litebite
01-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Now thats what you call a purtty mess of fish............:)

GRIZZ
01-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Nice mess of fish. At 15.25 inches that fish must have been a football to weigh over 3 lbs. What did you weigh it on?

Ragfly Jig Man
01-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Thats the way to go! I know it was fun when you hooked in to those big ones. What method were you useing? Keep it up!

Darryl Morris
01-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Very, very nice mess of slabs!!!

NIMROD
01-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Nice mess of fish. At 15.25 inches that fish must have been a football to weigh over 3 lbs. What did you weigh it on?
Those are nice fish , but I was thinking the same thing GRIZZ.:confused: Here a 15'' Crappie usually won't even weigh 2 pounds.:rolleyes: But on the other hand. We catch mostly White Crappie and the Black Crappie seem to be built thicker.:D Whatever ,it's still a great catch.:cool:

england
01-15-2007, 07:47 PM

Hey grizz , those are black crappie , they are alot thicker than white crappie, I live in north Mississippi where the white crappie rules, but every once in a while I will get a hold of a big black, man those things put up a fight compared to a white. I wish there was more here.

By the way guys those are some TOADS. congrats

Phantom309
01-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Just simply Awsome ! !
Very pretty fish ! !

grubby
01-15-2007, 08:24 PM
very nice catch grundan. keep posting them pics.

abarkley
01-16-2007, 12:32 AM
nice stringer. been hearing good things about g'ville so far this year

GRIZZ
01-16-2007, 03:02 AM
Hey grizz , those are black crappie , they are alot thicker than white crappie, I live in north Mississippi where the white crappie rules, but every once in a while I will get a hold of a big black, man those things put up a fight compared to a white. I wish there was more here.

By the way guys those are some TOADS. congrats

Yup, I know. I've caught a gazzilion crappies, both black and white, and its true that black are heavier per inch than whites, usually, but a 15 inch black would still have to be an NFL offensive lineman to weigh over 3lbs, kinda like that 27 inch 8.5lb walleye I got this year. I'm just trying to find out what he weighed them with. When it comes to fishing and fishermen a lot of augmentation happens and when I see something that doesn't match up with what I've experienced then I kindly ask a few questions about whats what. I guess I should have been raised in Missouri because show me is in my vocabulary a lot. I understand exceptions happen like a few of the walleyes I catch in the fall. One of the reasons I put up a site with pics is because sometimes its a bit hard to believe, so I just send em to look at the footballs I've been catchin and thats that.

Please don't take my curiosity the wrong way because mainly I just want to know where the beasts are, so I can come get some if I'm ever in the neighborhood.

grundan
01-16-2007, 11:31 AM
ill have to go look at the scale we used. its a spring scale, not digital. i will check its accuracy this weekend with a known weight. the big fish tipped the 3 lb mark on the scale. these fish were very thick across the back and fat as a tick on my coon hound. they filled 1 5gal. bucket completely and another one half full.

racerkvn
01-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Good catch!!

I have been fishing Guntersville alot lately and doing pretty good too. But not that good!! Man ya'll raked them bad doys in!!

crappieseeker
01-16-2007, 03:18 PM
nice stringer, what general area you fishing. I live in memphis area now but used to live in huntsville and fished guntersville as a kid. guntersville is enormous but we used to go to mud creek, mink creek and n salty 30+ yrs ago and bring home coolers of fish. Them was the good ole days. When i go back so see the folks i might be inclined to bring the boat next time.
Hey Fishpole, I fish the mud creek, mink creek and N. Sauty areas also. Did you ever fish Crow Creek any. I use to catch them by the coolers full in alot of places around there also, not thirty years ago, about 10 to 15 for me. They are alot harder to come by there now though. I have caught some hogs there also, just never weighed any of them, some close to 18 inches but thats been years ago. I still catch my limit from time to time, but not very often anymore.

kincade
01-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Nice catch

GRIZZ
01-17-2007, 06:30 AM
ill have to go look at the scale we used. its a spring scale, not digital. i will check its accuracy this weekend with a known weight. the big fish tipped the 3 lb mark on the scale. these fish were very thick across the back and fat as a tick on my coon hound. they filled 1 5gal. bucket completely and another one half full.

Thanks, I must say whats impressive about that last pic is that those monsters don't really stand out all that much. You had a mess more nice ones to go with em. That must have been some trip.

GRIZZ puts Guntersville on his list of lakes he has to go fish sometime.

BTW I noticed they are all blacks. Does the lake carry whites too?