Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lots of Rain, Flooded Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lots of Rain, Flooded Lake

Lake Greeson is flooded, the water continues to rise fast and it's still raining.

Kirby Landing boat ramp is very submerged and totally unserviceable. Between the light post and small post on the left is the head of the boat ramp. Full pool is about 30-40 feet out from that.

This is where the camper was sitting before we moved it to keep it from floating away.

And, a pic for comparison. The big tree on the left of the flooded pic is the same one at the back of the camper.

Kirby Landing Marina parking lot.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that had to suck. Working to move and secure everything in the rain.

Just stay safe out there!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!

Thanks for the pics. I'm not sure I could have comprehended that without them.

Try telling your insurance guy you want to collect on your business interruption policy!

Titleman

Post Thanks / Like

Batten down the hatches.that dont look good Darryl,glad you got the camper moved in time.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

HOLY COW!! That is a significant rise since last time I was there. (October) I would never have believed that lake could ever rise that much! Truly remarkable to say the least. Thanks for the photo's. (Sure hope it goes down by Spring CC!)

Post Thanks / Like

Default water level

Looking on the brighter side...at least you didn't have to contend with the ice and such. Don't know if you guys get that kind of weather down there but can you imagine what it would of been like trying to work in sleet and ice. I know the stuff went as far south as Springfield, MO. and some of Oklahoma. How far north was it in Arkansas?
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is a lot of water. You can send some of that rain to Cali we need it too. It has been dry out here where I live.

Anyway hang in there and stay dry...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Lake level on Greeson was 546.69 at around 11:00am Friday. At 7:00am this morning it is reported at 554.3. That's nearly 8-feet rise in less than 3-days. We had light to heavy rain all night and the Little Missouri River and all the creeks going into Greeson are over their banks. Less than 10-feet more and water will be going over the spillway at the dam, which has only happened once and that was in 1968. I think water will be going over the dam in a day or two. If it does it will be a sight to see.

http://www.arkansasmediaroom.com/new...lay.asp?id=370
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Some pictures of that would be awsome. Hope the dam holds!!

Post Thanks / Like

The dam is designed to have water running over it so I don't think it is in danger. There is going to be some serious flooding downstream though if they start letting water out or if it goes over the dam. The river is already over it's banks downstream just from all the creeks running into it and nothing coming from Greeson.

We'll keep an eye on the lake level and go take some pictures if it starts going over. It will probably keep rising even if it goes over the dam because there is a lot more water coming in than that spillway can handle. Last time it went over the lake level reached a foot and a half higher than the spillway. Could be more than that this time. I hope folks downstream are moving their farming equipment and stuff to higher ground.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast