Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noisy Terrova

Post Thanks / Like

Default Noisy Terrova

I have the saltwater version in 80# thrust. The one complaint I have is it is a noisy motor and when it turns.

Has anyone had a situation where you think this has cost you a fish or two?

I really like it with the remote, the spot lock and all. Some say the spot lock is not as good as the XI5, but it has worked well for me.

But the noise!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a Terrova, but I have seen on here where others have said theirs was noisy if that helps you any
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Terrova I-pilot in 80 pound that I run a Kipawa prop on and I can't say it is any more noisy than any other motor I have used. Have you pulled your prop and checked the shaft for line wrapped around it or possibly bent shaft?
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is not noisy at all. I have had them get noisy after hitting something or when it needs cleaning. Are you sure you are not hearing the electric motor that steers it which is not going to spook a fish and is needed to hear to know it's turning when you aren't looking? I have run my Riptide Ipilot up the St Marks River right over top of all kinds of fish that never flinched.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits View Post
    Mine is not noisy at all. I have had them get noisy after hitting something or when it needs cleaning. Are you sure you are not hearing the electric motor that steers it which is not going to spook a fish and is needed to hear to know it's turning when you aren't looking? I have run my Riptide Ipilot up the St Marks River right over top of all kinds of fish that never flinched.
    So what do you do when it gets noisy?? Replace the prop shaft? Live with the noise??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits View Post
    I can hear it humming pretty good when on 1m, 2, 3 and on up the motor hum gets louder.
    Yeah the motor that turns it is loud to me it seems.
    I cant say I've seen fish spooked, just wondering what others have seen.

I like the motor! It is great when fishing alone!

Post Thanks / Like

How to tune a trolling motor. I found this on youtube. But have not tried it myself. This would be a do it at your own risk deal. Maybe others on here have tried this and can say if it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbN8VdTL3J0
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

My MG Xi5 puts out some noise that took some gettin use too and has a wine when turning fast, like in anchor mode. But the bubbler on My minnow bucket drowns out most racket on the boat.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes sense to me Scrat.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I have had to adjust my old one before. Usually can see it running a little off when running out of the water. Check the gap around it too. You can grab the prop and carefully bend it to improve it. If the noise is coming from the foot area you will want to get it fixed. This will spook fish and cause the armature to run warm draining the battery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast