HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Motor batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Motor batteries

what batteries do you guys feel are the best value for trolling motors,, I will be using them on a36 volt I pilot, trying to decide whether to go cheaper and figure on replacing them with new ones every year or so ...or expensive ones that may last a few years

Post Thanks / Like

If the blue tops are in your budget go for it. If not get ya some interstate or the wal mart group 31 and keep receipts. After a year of hard use take em back in and trade em out. They will pro rate but not argue over it.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm running the Series 29 from WalMart. I've not found series 31s there. Mine are on their 3rd season and still give me all the time I want to be on the water pulling cranks at 1.7.

Interstates I bought before were junk and the dealer was a criminal to deal with.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes blueball, strmwalker, JBledsoe, Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ours here stock them. Wonder if it might be due to all the flats guys wanting them to keep from having the weight of 2 in parallel.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read on a walleye fishing forum where the guy's there love the AGM batteries for better run time, some have stated they get 5-7 yrs out of 'em, usually the cabela's brand comes up as a good one, no 1st hand experience with the AGM tho. A lot of their set ups are 24-26v systems. I've used walmart grp 27 batteries on a 12v 55# terrova for several years now, I can get 2.5 - 3 yrs on mine but I don't pull cranks with the terrova. Battery maintenance is the key to getting good service life from the batteries.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I'm running the Series 29 from WalMart. I've not found series 31s there. Mine are on their 3rd season and still give me all the time I want to be on the water pulling cranks at 1.7.

Interstates I bought before were junk and the dealer was a criminal to deal with.
    i agree with mrdux,didnt have much luck with the interstates,walmart brand has been pretty good for me usually get 4-5 yrs out of them

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

INTERSTATES, 6 years!

Monk

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

interstates, 4 yrs and doing good. Got mine on an insider deal so they were cheap and no dealer involved. My wally batteries in my previous boat also did very well. The way I look at it is that if they last 3 yrs and you have to replace them you've done good. Recently got an optima blue top as a start battery and so far I like it fine for working the electronics and starting. Holler at Catfan on the Kentucky board, batteries are what he does for a living.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a ton of info on the subject. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/fishi...cycle-battery/
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

What is the difference between the Walmart series 29 and series 31 ? I went to my Walmart looks like the only have the 29's had maxx on the side for $99. 97 is that the ones I need ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast