Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black bandits

dallman is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Black bandits

I went fishing last Wednesday and the lure of choice black bubblegum. I had 10 rods needless to say I don't have 10. But used different black lures it was cloudy and was the first time I had trolled/ pushed that area. Is this unusual? I'm laying here in Williamson hospital had my spinal column cleaned out to make room for the nerve. I feel pretty good considering. Hope to be back on the lake in 3 weeks. Will have to take some with me for a while but have been bitten hard by the trolling bug. Oh yeah caught 10 crappie only 2 keepers and 4 kittey's. Returned to be caught another day.

Don
    Retired USN
    Likes Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Let the back rehab before overdoing it.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not unusual at all for them to get on one color. Black is always good for me on overcast days.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes downsouth LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

ive had awsome days on black

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep black is good when its cloudy or overcast.....mid morning when the sun comes out chrome clown is hard to beat
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes downsouth LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get hung up on the dark on dark days, light on sunny days thing with cranks. I'm always going to have at least a couple very dark cranks in the water along with a pink and a shad pattern. I find the KY Lake crappie like a very dark green and dark blues. That's where painting my own comes in. Some of my best colors/patterns are not in any bait company's color charts. Some get used a couple of trips then not again if they don't work out.

Good luck on your recovery. You will have plenty of good crankbait opportunities as you recover.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Yep black is good when its cloudy or overcast.....mid morning when the sun comes out chrome clown is hard to beat

I ALWAYS have some black and chartreuse lure combination with me. One of the colors ALWAYS attracts them.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I always have black in the spread until it doesn't produce, which isn't often. Some others are also never far away. I have one that looks like a pineapple, in fact that's what I named it, that I paint that is another winner.
    Godspeed your recovery from your surgery, and I hope it does what they said it would. I had mine fixed 20 yrs or so back and it still works but never as good as it once was. I can still walk good for a while but tire too quickly to cash the checks my mind is writing.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your back does well. Take your time getting back in the boat.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Had that done about 8 or 9 years ago, L-4. L-5. Took a little while to recover but after a tear I was better than I had been in 10 years. I did have some relief right away. Be carefull in the boat for a while.
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast