Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BnM double minnow rig with artificials??

Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM double minnow rig with artificials??

I have some BnM double minnow rigs with 3/4 ounce sinker and #2 hooks on the shelve. I was thinking about tying these on and pushing them with my trolling poles. Is this a common tactic or am I just not thinking right?

Thanks, Wally "FishnFed"

Post Thanks / Like

I use these types of rigs consistently to catch limits of crappie top hook jig and minnow, bottom hook just a minnow. Its consist method of crappie here in central Illinois in the summer months fishing 14 to 16 ft deep in the stumps .

Post Thanks / Like

I slow troll with a double minnow rig all the time. There has been times I have put a tube jig on the hook and minnow to add some color.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fed .... I've considered doing the same. Taking the #2 hooks off and tying on jigs. I just haven't done it, because it's so much cheaper to just rig things up from scratch. Do I think it would work ... yep, don't see why not.

I've considered doing it, not only with the BnM style rig, but with the twin offset metal arms style of double minnow rigs.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Several do it down here.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done it as you describe and also with a fairly heavy jig, 1/8 or more, and a 1/32 or even weightless on the other. I did a video on one of these on Youtube called "crappie double rig with wooly bugger". This uses the heavy on the bottom, but I have also put the heavy on and had the lighter 16" back on it's own. Both work good with just jigs and probably better during tough times with a minnow added. Keep us posted on how it works for you, we all teach each other.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Tn Johnboy, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replies fellows. I'll go out before church this Sunday. I'll be in touch.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fed, that's exactly what they were designed for. Almost everyone in this part of the country uses them or some variation pushing minnows. I tie my own and put snaps on the leaders. Usually run a pony head on bottom and gnat on top both tipped with minnows. Good luck.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes Boatbottom LIKED above post

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If I start missing a lot of fish I will use straight minnows but most of the time I have a jig on the bottom hook tipped with a minnow and a gnat on the top hook tipped with a minnow. I don't use a jig on the top hook because the jig will lay against my leader instead of flowing behind it. I sometime use gnats top and bottom to let the minnow have more freedom to move around. I usually troll in the neighborhood of four tenths mph.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a picture of my crappie rigs note the in line spinner right above the top of the rig weight at the bottom is 1/2 oz.
    Name:  20150901_182633.jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  28.7 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast