Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Real Magic" spray for mono line ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Real Magic" spray for mono line ?

Anyone use Blakemore Real Magic spray on their mono line ? It's suposse to reduce memory and increase cast, and protect line from UV , yet is oderless. I saw Jimmy Houston useing it on a bait casting reel , sprayed it right on the spool. Just wonder if anyone has used it before. -Thanks

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Yes, Kyron4 .......

Quote Originally Posted by kyron4
    Anyone use Blakemore Real Magic spray on their mono line ? It's suposse to reduce memory and increase cast, and protect line from UV , yet is oderless. I saw Jimmy Houston useing it on a bait casting reel , sprayed it right on the spool. Just wonder if anyone has used it before. -Thanks
    I have used, and still use Blakemore Real Magic spray. Most of the time, however, I just spray the line on the spool .... the night before. I don't take the can with me.
    It can increase casting distance, simply by coating the line with the silicone that's in the spray. Any silicone spray will work for that purpose.
    I really can't tell if it "reduces memory" or relaxes the line ... since I'm using fairly limp line, to start with. And if it starts getting/holding memory coils, to the point where it interferes with my casts or distance ... then I spool on new line.
    The UV protection factor may prove beneficial to those that use their outfits alot, and/or keep them out in an open boat (when fishing) ... as opposed to leaving them in a rod locker (if boat has one).

...... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I read that you were supposed to spray the whole pole down with it, line and all.....I don't see what spraying the graphite down would do unless it would empty the can faster....lol...I thought it would be better to spray the line and the eye's with it....DemoMan

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb DemoMan ....

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionMan
    I read that you were supposed to spray the whole pole down with it, line and all.....I don't see what spraying the graphite down would do unless it would empty the can faster....lol...I thought it would be better to spray the line and the eye's with it....DemoMan

The only possible thing spraying the rod could do --- is help protect the finish from UV deterioration.

Spraying the guides helps reduce line friction, and spraying the line makes the line slicker .... all giving you greater casting distance. Spraying the guides also reduces "ice up" (if you're fishing in that type of situation). IF it does help to soften the line, or reduce memory coils, then that would also translate into longer casts.
    Mono does soak up some water ... so spraying a silicone based product on it, should decrease the amount of water that enters the mono. That should also help control "ice up", by making the line more "waterproof", so it doesn't freeze against the guides or accumulated ice in the guides. ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I use it all the time,spray it on the line. It in my opinion is a good product.I"ve always got a bottle in the boat!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Real Magic all the time. Spraying the lines on spool before fishing will help with the casting, and used as an "attractant" (pros say). After a day of fishing I spray the spool again to keep the lines from building up memory after being in the water and wound on the spool. I spray the whole rod and all on sunny days to protect from UV rays, and definitely on rainy days. This will help keeping the lines from "sticking" on the pole when its wet. You can also use this for everything else as you would with a can of WD 40.

Post Thanks / Like

I spray it on my Reels, and line. I really don't see a lot of difference in the casting, but I am guessing it protects the reels.
    I don't keep any in the boat, but wash off reels etc and then spray at home.
    Roy

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to use it but for some reason I haven't in a while. I do still use it on my bowfishing line though. Helps that big 'ol fastflite fly off good and not soak up so much water.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiepappy,

Yeah, I think I read something about the "UV" thing....It seems like some good stuff....

Crappie Chaser,

Hmmmm, If it's used as an "attractant" by the pros, it would work to spray your boxes for "soft plastics" before puttin em in.....DemoMan

Post Thanks / Like

Reel Magic is what I use. Keven VanDam has something out that is suppose to be good anyone tried it? lol
    Today is a great day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast