Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: info on bay springs lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default info on bay springs lake

looking for some good winter time trolling spots.new to lake.any info would really help.we have a 20 foot fishing pontoon at bay springs marina.thanks

Post Thanks / Like

check out any of the main lake points and flats adjacent to the main channel. that lake is full of good productive wood. you shouldnt have a problem finding structure to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Slabstalker,

Let me know what turns up....I'm from Tupelo also....They say the best crappie lakes on the Tenn Tom are Aberdeen and Columbus, don't know....DemoMan

Post Thanks / Like

Never fished it for crappie. But did catch a few on baits for bass.
    Look at the lake maps, And theres a lot of structure there to fish. Roads and bridges and stuff.
    also good lake points and a few good humps.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help.going to try them soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished Bay Springs alot in the past and my father-in-law still does alot. Out from Ashcraft Hollow there are plenty of "planted" brush piles and ledges to keep you busy fishing. Water ranges from 12-35 feet deep depending on the area you set up on. As spring approaches and the crappie spawn there are many shallow water coves with stumps and brush. Get a map of the lake and it will help you narrow down you search some.

Also the crappie fishing can be excellent at Beaver Lake/ Walker's Bridge on the Tenn-Tom. Not as big as Bay Springs but it can still give up some great crappie. Lots of brush and ledges there as well. Can be a super spot during the spawn.

From Tupelo there are also several MDWFP lakes that are excellent for crappie including Trace Lake and Elvis Presley Lake.

Hope you have good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

dockfishin,

Yeah, I'm gonna check out EP, as we call it....I've got the Phone #'s to the district 1 & 2 offices....Just have'nt had time yet.....DemoMan