Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special fittings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Special fittings

A friend wants to build a bait tank and wants a special fitting I haven't seen. It will be like the Tracker 46320, but with a barb on both ends too.
    Tracker 46320 White Plastic 3/4 Inch 90 Degree Boat Livewell Sprayer Head Fitting W/O Nut | Great Lakes Skipper

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

No, it doesn't have the threads on one end.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy, go to tractor supply in sprayer section. Find a male and female that will screw together. You can form the seal OMC either side.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

If only they have the male with long threads to go through a cooler wall,

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know someone on here posted a year or so about making a tank from a cooler. They posted picture of a long bulkhead fitting that would be just what you need. Might send Arkansasbowhunter a PM. I know he just built one and I can't remember if he went through the side or not.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

He wants to use a 10 gal. water cooler. Wants to use a bilge pump inside the cooler with filter on the outside. Haven't seen pictures of what he has in mind for plumbing.

Post Thanks / Like

Scrat, this may work if the bulkhead threads are pipe threads. A straight barb fitting could be applied on the male threads.
    90 Degree Thru-Hull Connectors : Attwood Marine

Post Thanks / Like

I have a greyline 15gal tank that has the bilge pump inside. I would not recommend it, as the little motor produces enough heat in 10 gal of water, it will heat the water. In the winter it is not a problem, but you also do not need much in the winter. Also, even the smallest pumps create such a current, it wears the bait out and they die. That is, if you keep them longer than 24 hours in there. I have quite using mine and have routed a bubbler into. I like it better. If i need to filter the water, I will turn it on for a couple hours. another draw back is, when one bait dies, he is sucked up against the bottom of the pump, then a another dies and it also gets sucked up to the bottom. shutting the water down, then all the bait is dead bc not water is moving. once again, back to the bubbler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast